1209 is a common year in the 13th century.
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1170s 1180s 1190s – 1200s – 1210s 1220s 1230s|
|Years:||1206 1207 1208 – 1209 – 1210 1211 1212|
- Albigensian Crusade against Cathars (1209-1218)
- the Franciscans are founded
- Cambridge University founded.
- London Bridge completed
- In August, Simon De Monfort, leader of Albigensian Crusade, takes over Carcassonne
- Genghis Khan conquers Turkestan
- January 5 – Richard, Earl of Cornwall, Holy Roman Emperor (died 1272)
- Hajji Bektash Wali, Turkish mystic (died 1271)
- November 12 – Phillipe de Plessis, Grand Master of the Knights Templar (born 1165)
- Walter Map, Welsh writer (born 1137)
- Fakhr al-Din al-Razi, Persian theologian and philosopher (born 1149)