Year 1318 (MCCCXVIII) was a common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1280s 1290s 1300s – 1310s – 1320s 1330s 1340s|
|Years:||1315 1316 1317 – 1318 – 1319 1320 1321|
- April 1 – Berwick-upon-Tweed is taken by the Scottish from the English.
- May 11 – Battle of Dysert O'Dea: The Irish armies of Conor O'Dea defeat the Hiberno-Normans under Richard de Clare.
- End of the reign of Emperor Hanazono, emperor of Japan.
- Emperor Go-Daigo succeeds Emperor Hanazono on the throne of Japan.
- Qala'un Mosque, Cairo, Egypt is founded by Al-Nasr Muhammad.
- June 8 – Eleanor of Woodstock, eldest daughter of King Edward II of England
- date unknown – Margarete Maultasch, Countess of Tyrol (died 1369)
- Albert II, Duke of Mecklenburg
- Eleanor of Lancaster (died 1372)
- Pope Urban VI (died 1389)
- February 16 – Valdemar, Duke of Finland
- October 14 – Edward Bruce, High King of Ireland (b. 1275)
- November 22 – Mikhail Yaroslavich, Russian prince (b. 1271)
- date unknown
- Llywelyn Bren, Welsh rebel
- Heinrich Frauenlob, Bohemian musician
- Rashid al-Din, Persian writer and historian (born 1247)