|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1350s 1360s 1370s – 1380s – 1390s 1400s 1410s|
|Years:||1383 1384 1385 – 1386 – 1387 1388 1389|
- Elizabeta Kotromanic, the mother of the overthrown Queen Mary of Hungary and Croatia, arranges the assassination of Charles of Durazzo, the ruler of Hungary, Naples, Achaea and Croatia.
- July 9 – Battle of Sempach: The Swiss safeguard independence from Habsburg rule.
- Queen Jadwiga of Poland marries Grand Duke Jagiello of Lithuania, unifying their two countries.
- Abu al-Abbas is reinstated as ruler of the Marinid dynasty in present-day Morocco.
- John of Gaunt leaves England to make good his claim to the throne of Castile by right of his second marriage to Constanza of Castile in 1371.
- The Timurid Empire raids Georgia and takes King Bagrat V prisoner. Bagrat is subsequently freed by an army led by his son, George.
- Hundred Years' War – Battle of Margate: The English defeat an invading French and Castilian naval force.
- Dan I of Wallachia (now southern Romania) is killed in battle against the Bulgarians and is succeeded by Mircea the Old.
- May 9 – King John I of Portugal and King Richard II of England ratified the Treaty of Windsor.
- May 20 – First mention of the city of Piteşti, now in Romania.
- Founding of Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg, the oldest university in Germany.
- The Venetians take control of the island of Corfu.
- The Brancacci Chapel begins to be built in Florence.
- Rozhdestvensky monastery is built in Muscovy.