|Centuries:||2nd century – 3rd century – 4th century|
|Decades:||220s 230s 240s – 250s – 260s 270s 280s|
|Years:||250 251 252 – 253 – 254 255 256|
- Period of the Thirty Tyrants in the Roman empire.
- Aemilianus is called "enemy of the State" by the Roman Senate.
- Aemilianus rules for 3 months the Roman Empire. He promises to fight in Thrace and goes to war against Persia. The Senate gives him the rank of Pontifex Maximus.
- Aemilianus is murdered at Spoletium. Publius Valerianus made new emperor by the Rhine legions.
- Valerianus I splits the Roman Empire in two.
- Battle of Barbalissos: King Shapur I, defeats the Roman army (70,000 men) under Valerianus I at Barbalissos in Syria.
- Pope Cornelius
- Aemilianus, Roman emperor
- Trebonianus Gallus, Roman emperor
- Volusianus, Roman emperor
- Saint Babylas, Patriarch of Antioch
- Fei Yi, general-in-chief of the Shu Kingdom
- Zhuge Ke, son of Zhuge Jin, nephew of Zhuge Liang, officer of the Wu Kingdom (b. 203)
- Sun He, son of Sun Quan
- Ehe Shaoge, a general of Qiang