(Redirected from AD 1455)
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1420s 1430s 1440s – 1450s – 1460s 1470s 1480s|
|Years:||1452 1453 1454 – 1455 – 1456 1457 1458|
- Buddhist calendar: 1997 - 1998
- Hebrew calendar: 5215 - 5216
- Islamic calendar: 859 - 860
- February 9 – Wars of the Roses: Richard, Duke of York dismissed as Protector
- February 23 – Johannes Gutenberg prints the first Bible on a printing press
- May 22 – Wars of the Roses: First Battle of St Albans – Richard, Duke of York and his ally, Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick defeat the Lancastrians under Edmund Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Somerset, who is killed. York captures King Henry VI of England and has himself appointed Constable of England.
- May 25 – Victorious Yorkish lords ritually renew the monarchy of Henry VI in St. Paul's Cathedral.