Albert Finney in 1966
|Died||7 February 2019 (aged 82)|
|Education||The Tootal Drive Primary School|
|Alma mater||The Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts|
|Known for||Tom Jones in Tom Jones|
|Awards||Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, Emmy Award, BAFTA Award|
Finney was mostly known for his role in Tom Jones, for his role as Hercule Poirot in Murder on the Orient Express and for his role as Edward Bloom in Big Fish. He won a Golden Globe Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award, an Emmy Award, and a BAFTA Award. He was also the voice of Finis Everglot in Tim Burton's Corpse Bride.
Finney was married to Jane Wenham from 1957 until they divorced in 1961. Then he was married to Anouk Aimée from 1970 until they divorced in 1978. He married Pene Delmage in 2006. He had a son, Simon, by his first wife Jane Wenham.
- "L'acteur britannique Albert Finney, qui a incarné Hercule Poirot, est mort" [British actor Albert Finney, who played Hercule Poirot, is dead]. culturebox.francetvinfo.fr (in French). Paris: culturebox.francetvinfo.fr and AFP. 8 February 2019. Retrieved 9 February 2019.
- Awards for Albert Finney on IMDb
- "Albert Finney Biography". filmreference. 2008. Archived from the original on 26 December 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-22.
- Eden, Richard (15 May 2011). "Film star Albert Finney won't let cancer grind him down". The Daily Telegraph. telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-04-02.
- Taylor, Paul (30 November 2012). "Actor Albert Finney - son of Salford - loves to come home". Manchester Evening News. manchestereveningnews.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-04-02.
- "Actor Albert Finney dies aged 82". BBC News. BBC.
- "Albert Finney, 'Angry Young Man' Who Became a Hollywood Star, Dies at 82". The New York Times. Retrieved 8 February 2019.