Alexandra of Denmark
Alexandra of Denmark (Alexandra Carolina Marie Charlotte Louise Julia; 1 December 1844 – 20 November 1925) was the wife of King Edward VII. She was born in Denmark, and married Edward, then Prince of Wales, in 1863. After her husband's death in 1910, she retired from public life. She died at the age of 80 on 20 November 1925 at Sandringham House from heart attack her funeral took place on 28 November 1925 she was buried with her husband King Edward VII.
|Alexandra of Denmark|
|Queen consort of the United Kingdom|
and the British Dominions,
Empress consort of India
|Tenure||22 January 1901 – 6 May 1910|
|Coronation||9 August 1902|
|Imperial Durbar||1 January 1903|
|Born||Princess Alexandra of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg|
1 December 1844
Yellow Palace, Copenhagen, Denmark
|Died||20 November 1925 (aged 80)|
Sandringham House, Norfolk, England
|Burial||28 November 1925|
Albert Memorial Chapel, St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle22 April 1927
South Aisle, St George's Chapel
|Father||Christian IX of Denmark|
|Mother||Louise of Hesse-Kassel|
More reading change
- Battiscombe, Georgina (1969). Queen Alexandra. London: Constable. ISBN 9780094565609. SBN 09-456560-0.
- Bentley-Cranch, Dana (1992). Edward VII: Image of an Era 1841-1910. London: Her Majesty's Stationery Office. ISBN 0-112-90508-0.
- Duff, David (1980). Alexandra: Princess and Queen. London: Collins. ISBN 0-002-16667-4.
- Ensor, R. C. K. (1936). England 1870–1914. Oxford University Press.
- Hough, Richard (1992). Edward & Alexandra: Their Private And Public Lives. London: Hodder & Stoddart. ISBN 0-340-55825-3.
- Priestley, J. B. (1970). The Edwardians. London: Heinemann. ISBN 0-434-60332-5.
- Windsor, The Duke of (1951). A King's Story: The Memoirs of H.R.H. The Duke of Windsor K.G. London: Cassell and Co.
Other websites change
Media related to Queen Alexandra of the United Kingdom at Wikimedia Commons