Anita Pallenberg (6 April 1944 – 13 June 2017) was an Italian actress and fashion designer. She starred in the movie Candy in 1968. She also played Black Queen of Sogo in Barbarella in that same year. Pallenberg appeared in more than a dozen movies over 40 years.
|Born||6 April 1942|
|Died||13 June 2017 (aged 75)|
Chichester, West Sussex, England
|Occupation||Actress, artist, model|
Pallenberg became widely known in popular culture as the girlfriend of Brian Jones and later Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones. She spent a lot of time with singer Marianne Faithfull, Mick Jagger's girlfriend in the late 1960s, who remained a friend of Pallenberg's. They appeared together in 2001 in the BBC situation comedy Absolutely Fabulous in episode four, "Donkey", with Faithfull playing God and Pallenberg The Devil.
Early life and deathEdit
- Edelman, Rob; Kupferberg, Audrey (2002). Matthau: A Life (illustrated ed.). Taylor Trade Publications. p. 310. ISBN 9780878332748.
- Westfahl, Gary (2012). The Spacesuit Film: A History, 1918–1969. McFarland. p. 131. ISBN 9780786489992.
- Elkann, Alain (4 September 2014). "Anita Pallenberg: "La mia vita tra sesso, droga e Rolling Stones"". La Stampa (in Italian). Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- Hodkinson, Mark (2011). Marianne Faithfull: As Years Go By. Omnibus Press. p. 395. ISBN 9780857129932.
- Saperstein, Pat (14 June 2017). "Anita Pallenberg, Actress and Longtime Girlfriend of Keith Richards, Dies at 73". Variety. Retrieved 14 June 2017.