Type of site
|Created by||Paul Ginsparg|
|Launched||August 14, 1991|
Generally, all scientific journals have peer-review procedures. This process sometimes take several years. The time lag made by this process will easily cause delay to the scientific community. arXiv was made to avoid this delay.
Usage at Wikipedia etc. Edit
Scientific areas Edit
arXiv includes pre-prints from various scientific fields such as:
Similar websites Edit
Today, there are several arXiv-like websites in other areas.
Further reading Edit
- Giles, Jim (2003). "Preprint Server Seeks Way to Halt Plagiarists". Nature. 426 (6962): 7. Bibcode:2003Natur.426Q...7G. doi:10.1038/426007a. PMID 14603280. S2CID 29003994.
- Ginsparg, Paul (1997). "Winners and Losers in the Global Research Village". The Serials Librarian. 30 (3–4): 83–95. doi:10.1300/J123v30n03_13. S2CID 62596805.
- Pinfield, Stephen (2001). "How Do Physicists Use an E-Print Archive? Implications for Institutional E-Print Services". D-Lib Magazine. 7 (12). doi:10.1045/december2001-pinfield.
References and notes Edit
- Steele, Bill (Fall 2012). "Library-managed 'arXiv' spreads scientific advances rapidly and worldwide". Ezra. Ithaca, New York: Cornell University. p. 9. OCLC 263846378. Archived from the original on January 11, 2015.
Pronounce it 'archive'. The X represents the Greek letter chi [ χ ].
- Pre-prints are scientific articles before being approved by peer review. Pre-prints which has been approved by peer-review are academic journals.
- Artificial Intelligence arXiv on Twitter
- Machine Learning arXiv on Twitter
- math.AG Algebraic Geometry daily arXiv submissions on Twitter
- math.NA Numerical Analysis arXiv submissions on Twitter
- math.ST Statistics Theory arXiv submissions on Twitter
- Abdill, R. J., & Blekhman, R. (2019). Meta-Research: Tracking the popularity and outcomes of all bioRxiv preprints. Elife, 8, e45133.
- Loew, L. M. (2016). Peer review and bioRxiv. Biophysical journal, 111(3), E01.
- Kidd, R., Koch, W., Milne, J., Sens, I., Tegen, S., Wilson, E., ... & Brennan, M. (2018). ChemRxiv: Year One and Beyond. ChemRxiv (2018).
- Jackson, C. (2018). EarthArXiv-A preprint server for the Earth and Planetary Sciences. EGUGA, 1429.
- Cohen, P. (2016). Developing SocArXiv: a new open archive of the social sciences to challenge the outdated journal system. Impact of Social Sciences Blog.