Augustus Media is a Middle Eastern digital media company based in Dubai and Riyadh.
Augustus Media is a private company based in Dubai, UAE run by CEO & Founder, Richard Fitzgerald. Augustus media was registered in November 2015 in the DMCC (Dubai Multi Commodities Centre) Freezone. Augustus Media had signed a 10 year franchise agreement with Lovin Media Group for the Lovin Dubai franchise. Lovin Dubai launched on the 1st of September 2015 across social media platforms.
Augustus Media Holdings Ltd was incorporated under the Abu Dhabi Global Market in November 2018. In 2021, Augustus Media Fz LLC consolidated the DMCC and TECOM free zones to one entity in the UAE.
Augustus Media opened a branch in Saudi Arabia in April 2018 as a 100% foreign owned media company through the Ministry of Investment of Saudi Arabia.
In 2021, Augustus Media entered a joint venture to launch Lovin PK media as a business in Pakistan.
In November 2018, Augustus Media won 'Best SME' at the globally recognised MENA Effies awards ceremony.
In September 2020, Lovin Dubai turned 5 and launched with a new logo, app, Lovin Extra membership and holding pages.
In September 2021, Augustus Media brands Lovin Dubai and Smashi launched Expo 2020 Snapchat shows.
In 2019, Augustus Media launched an OTT streaming service Smashi TV, for business, technology and culture, the first of its kind in the Arab world.
In January 2020, Augustus Media finalised IP & Assignment rights for the Lovin brand in 16 countries.
Lovin Dubai settled a legal case with Daniel Kinahen and issued a public apology.
- "Augustus Media raises $400,000 in debt financing". Wamda. Retrieved 2021-10-10.
- Newenham, Pamela. "Lovin Dublin launches new site in Dubai". The Irish Times. Retrieved 2021-10-13.
- "NOW HIRING: Augustus Media Group Is Hiring For Several Jobs And You Just Might Be The One". Lovin Dubai. 2019-02-12. Retrieved 2021-10-10.
- Staff, Communicate. "Omada and Augustus Media Join Forces". communicateonline.me. Retrieved 2021-10-10.
- "How Augustus is building a youth-focused media brand in Saudi Arabia". Digiday. 2020-03-20. Retrieved 2021-10-12.
- "Augustus Media launches Lovin Isloo in Pakistan with additional cities in UAE And KSA". Campaign Middle East. Retrieved 2021-10-12.
- Mayangao, Cherry (2021-10-02). "Augustus Media Launches Two New Expo 2020 Shows on Snapchat With Lovin Dubai and Smashi". mid-east.info. Retrieved 2021-10-13.
- "Augustus Media raises $400k, expands Lovin brand". Arab News. 2021-08-10. Retrieved 2021-10-12.
- "Website issues bizarre apology to international drug baron Daniel Kinahan". The Irish Sun. 2018-11-05. Retrieved 2021-10-13.