Barenaked Ladies are a Canadian band. They formed in Toronto, Canada in 1988. The band is made up of four men. In 1991, the band was taken off the program for a New Year's Eve concert in Toronto because someone thought the name was bad. The band started as a duo with Ed Roberstson and Steven Page. Lead singer Page left the band in 2009 to begin a solo career. He was also arrested in 2008 for having the illegal drug cocaine.
|Origin||Scarborough, Ontario, Canada|
|Labels||John King Artist Consultants, Page Publications, Sire, Reprise, Desperation, Raisin'|
|Associated acts||The Brothers Creeggan, Kevin Hearn and Thin Buckle, Yukon Kornelius, The Vanity Project|
The current band members are:
Ed Robertson is also the host of a television programme, called Ed's Up. On the programme, he travels around Canada by airplane. A plane he was flying crashed into trees in 2008. Roberston and the other passengers were not hurt.
- Gordon (1992)
- Maybe You Should Drive (1994)
- Born on a Pirate Ship (1996)
- Rock Spectacle (1996)
- Stunt (1998)
- Maroon (2000)
- Disc One: All Their Greatest Hits (2001)
- Everything To Everyone (2003)
- Barenaked For The Holidays (2004)
- Barenaked Ladies Are Me (2006)
- Talk To The Hand: Live In Michigan DVD (2007)
- Barenaked Ladies Are Men (2007)
- Snacktime! (2008)
- All In Good Time (2010)
- "Should questionable band names be published in The Examiner? - Peterborough Examiner - Ontario, CA". thepeterboroughexaminer.com. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- "Barenaked Ladies Singer Quits Band After Drug Bust | Billboard.com". billboard.com. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- "Band | Barenaked Ladies". barenakedladies.com. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- "Ed's Up". edsup.tv. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- "CBC News - Toronto - Barenaked Ladies singer, 3 others survive plane crash". cbc.ca. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- "Album List | Barenaked Ladies". barenakedladies.com. Retrieved 27 September 2010.