Benigno Aquino III
Benigno Simeon "Noynoy" Cojuangco Aquino III (8 February 1960 – 24 June 2021) was a Filipino politician. He was the President of the Philippines from 2010 to 2016. He was also known as Noynoy Aquino or PNoy. Aquino was also a former Congressman and Senator of the Philippines.
Benigno Simeon C. Aquino III
|15th President of the Philippines|
June 30, 2010 – June 30, 2016
|Vice President||Jejomar Binay|
|Preceded by||Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo|
|Succeeded by||Rodrigo Duterte|
|Secretary of the Philippine Department of the Interior and Local Government|
June 30, 2010 – July 9, 2010
|Preceded by||Ronaldo Puno|
|Succeeded by||Jesse Robredo|
|Deputy Speaker of the Philippine House of Representatives|
November 8, 2004 – February 21, 2006
|Preceded by||Emilio Espinosa|
|Succeeded by||Eric Singson|
|Senator of the Philippines|
June 30, 2007 – June 30, 2010
|Member of the Philippine House of Representatives from Tarlac's Second District|
June 30, 1998 – June 30, 2007
|Preceded by||Jose Yap|
|Succeeded by||Jose Yap|
Benigno Simeon Cojuangco Aquino III
February 8, 1960
|Died||June 24, 2021 (aged 61)|
Quezon City, Philippines
|Political party||Liberal Party|
|Alma mater||Ateneo de Manila University|
Aquino was born at FEU - NRMF Medical Center in Quezon City, He was the only son of five children of former Senator Benigno "Ninoy" Aquino, Jr. and former President Corazon "Cory" Aquino. He was a member of the Liberal Party. He was the first Filipino president to be a bachelor. In 2013, TIME magazine named him one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World.
- Chua-Eoan, Howard. "The 2013 TIME 100" – via time100.time.com.
- "PNoy dies at 61". Sunstar. June 24, 2021. Retrieved June 24, 2021.
- "LIVE UPDATES: Death of former Philippine president Noynoy Aquino". Rappler. Retrieved June 24, 2021.
- Ismael, Javier Joe (June 24, 2021). "Former president Noynoy Aquino dies". The Manila Times. Retrieved June 24, 2021.
- Ex-Philippine President Benigno Aquino dies of renal failure at 61