Bernard Charles "Barry" Sherman (1942 – December 15, 2017) was a Canadian businessman and philanthropist. He was born in Toronto. He was the chairman and CEO of Apotex Inc. With an estimated net worth of US$3.2 billion at the time of his death, according to Forbes, Sherman was the 12th-wealthiest Canadian. Another publication, Canadian Business, said his fortune at $4.77 billion (CAD), ranking him the 15th richest in Canada.
On December 15, 2017, police officers entered Sherman's home in North York, Toronto, where they discovered the bodies of Sherman and his wife hanging side by side next to their indoor pool. Sherman was 75 years old. Post-mortem examinations showed the cause of death for both deceased was "ligature neck compression".
In response, the couple's four children said their deaths may be murder-suicide theory.
- "Bernard Charles Sherman: Executive Profile & Biography – Bloomberg". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- "Apotex founder Barry Sherman and wife found dead in Toronto home". 15 December 2017. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- Adrian Humphrys (December 15, 2017). "Toronto billionaire and wife were found hanging in mansion". nationalpost.com. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- Toronto Police Service (December 17, 2017). "Investigation into two suspicious deaths, 50 Old Colony Road, Victims identified, Causes of death released". Press release. Archived from the original on December 18, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20171218112158/http://torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/39905. Retrieved December 18, 2017.
- "Statement from the Family of Barry and Honey Sherman". Apotex Inc. December 16, 2017. Retrieved December 18, 2017.