Beverly Hills Chihuahua
Beverly Hills Chihuahua is a 2008 movie by Walt Disney Pictures directed by Raja Gosnell. The first preview of the movie was seen next to The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, and originally the movie was scheduled for a September 26, 2008 release, but the release was moved to October 3. The story is about a chihuahua who gets dognapped in Mexico and has to escape from an evil Dobermann. Destino, a 2003 short movie made by Walt Disney Pictures based on an idea started by Walt Disney and Salvador Dalí in the 1940s, was thought to be seen before Beverly Hills Chihuahua, but this didn't happen. Insteed, a sneak-peek of the Disney movie Bolt was seen.
|Beverly Hills Chihuahua|
|Directed by||Raja Gosnell|
|Written by||Jeffrey Bushell|
|Produced by||David Hoberman|
Ricardo Del Rio
Eddie "Piolin" Sotelo
Jamie Lee Curtis
|Edited by||Sabrina Plisco|
|Music by||Heitor Pereira|
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Pictures|
October 1, 2008
October 3, 2008
The movie is about a spolied chihuahua from Beverly Hills named Chloe (voiced by Drew Barrymore). Her owner, "Aunt Viv" (Jamie Lee Curtis), has to go to Italy, so she leaves Chloe with her niece, Rachel Ashe Lynn (Piper Perabo). Rachel and her friends go on vacation to Mexico, and Chloe gets dognapped by an evil Mexican dognapper who at first wants to use her in dog fights but sees her value and wishes to put her at ransom (have the owners have to pay money to get her back). In the meantime, Papi (voiced by George Lopez), a male chihuahua who is in love with her is on the lookout for her. Chloe makes friendship with a lonely German Shepherd named Delgado (voiced by Andy Garcia) who travels with her to protect her from the evil Dobermann (voiced by Edward James Olmos) who wants to kill her and steal her diamond collar to return it to the dognapper who owns him.
- Manolo Cardona as Sam
- Maury Sterling as Rafferty
- Jamie Lee Curtis as Aunt Viv
- José María Yazpik as Vasquez
- Jesús Ochoa as Officer Ramirez
- Piper Perabo as Rachel Ashe Lynn
- George Lopez as Papi
- Carlos Juvera as Tomás
- Luis Guzman as Chucho
- Andy Garcia as Delgado
- Cheech Marin as Manuel
- Paul Rodriguez as Chico
- Drew Barrymore as Chloe
- Placido Domingo as Monte
- Eddie "Piolín" Sotelo as Rafa
- Edward James Olmos as El Diablo
- Cinesite in London, using their specially developed pipeline for creating digital muzzle replacements, animated the many talking dogs. The in-house visual effects supervisor is Matt Johnson.
The music to Beverly Hills Chihuahua was written by composer Heitor Pereira, who recorded the score with the Hollywood Studio Symphony at the Eastwood Scoring Stage at Warner Brothers.
Beverly Hills Chihuahua earned $29 million USD in its opening weekend. It was #1 in the box office for two weeks. Despite this, the movie was rather poorly received by critics.
- ↑ "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" – via www.imdb.com.
- ↑ Dan Goldwasser (2008-09-23). "Heitor Pereira scores Beverly Hills Chihuahua". ScoringSessions.com. Retrieved 2008-09-23.
- ↑ "Beverly Hills Chihuahua (2008) - Weekend Box Office Results - Box Office Mojo". www.boxofficemojo.com.