Big West Conference
The Big West Conference is a NCAA conference that plays in the NCAA Division I. The conference is based in Irvine, California, and eight of its nine current members are from California. The other member is from Hawaii.
This is a list of colleges and universities who play sports in the Big West. Since the University of the Pacific left in 2013, all of the members are now public schools. Four each are from the University of California and California State University systems, and the other is the main campus of the University of Hawaii system.
- California Polytechnic State University ("Cal Poly"; sometimes "Cal Poly SLO", from its home city of San Luis Obispo)
- California State University, Fullerton ("Cal State Fullerton")
- California State University, Northridge ("Cal State Northridge")
- University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa ("Hawaiʻi")
- California State University, Long Beach ("Long Beach State")
- University of California, Davis ("UC Davis")
- University of California, Irvine ("UC Irvine")
- University of California, Riverside ("UC Riverside")
- University of California, Santa Barbara ("UC Santa Barbara")
The conference once sponsored football, but dropped the sport in 2000. Three of its members play football in other conferences:
- "Big West Conference". bigwest.org. Retrieved 2012-07-04.