William Archibald "Bill" Paxton (May 17, 1955 – February 25, 2017) was an American actor and movie director. Notably, he was the protagonist of the movie Twister, as "Bill Harding", with co-star Helen Hunt. Alan Ruck and Philip Seymour Hoffman also co-starred. He is also known for his roles in The Terminator (1984), Weird Science (1985), Aliens (1986), Predator 2 (1990), True Lies (1994), Apollo 13 (1995), and Titanic (1997).
William Archibald Paxton
May 17, 1955
Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.
|Died||February 25, 2017 (aged 61)|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Cause of death||Stroke resulting from heart surgery|
|Resting place||Forest Lawn Memorial Park (Hollywood Hills)|
|Children||2, including James Paxton|
|Relatives||Bob Paxton (brother)|
Paxton starred in the HBO series Big Love (2006–2011) and was nominated for an Emmy Award for the miniseries Hatfields & McCoys. He is the father of actor John Paxton. In 1987, he won a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in Aliens.
Paxton was born on May 17, 1955 in Fort Worth, Texas. He was raised as a Roman Catholic.
Paxton was in the crowd waving when President John F. Kennedy emerged from the Hotel Texas in Fort Worth, on the morning of his assassination, November 22, 1963. There are pictures at the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas where 8-year-old Paxton can be seen lifted above the crowd.
Paxton died on February 25, 2017 at a hospital in Los Angeles, California from a post-surgical stroke complicated by heart surgery, aged 61.
- ↑ Spitznagel, Eric (January 8, 2010). "Bill Paxton Can Defend Polygamy, But He Can't Defend Sarah Palin". Archived from the original on September 10, 2015. Retrieved July 19, 2015.
- ↑ "Unfair Park - The Day Bill Paxton Saw John F. Kennedy". Archived from the original on 2013-12-12. Retrieved 2013-11-10.
- ↑ DiBlasi, Loren (May 25, 2012). "Live With Kelly: Bill Paxton 'Hatfields & McCoys' Interview". Recapo. Retrieved May 27, 2012.
- ↑ "Bill Paxton Dead at 61". TMZ. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- ↑ "Bill Paxton dead at 61". NY Daily News. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- ↑ "BREAKING NEWS: Twister and Titanic star Bill Paxton dies at age 61". Mail Online. Retrieved 2017-02-26.