Boca Raton, Florida
Boca Raton is a city in Southern Palm Beach County, Florida. Boca Raton is has the second highest number of people in Palm Beach County. As of 2018, the city of Boca Raton had nearly 100,000 people living within the city. The southern end of the city borders Deerfield Beach in Broward County. The mayor of Boca Raton is Scott Singer.
|City of Boca Raton|
Boca Raton barrier island skyline, seen from the Boca Raton resort
A City for All Seasons
Location in Palm Beach County, Florida
|Settled (Boca Raton Settlement)||Circa 1895|
|Incorporated||May 26, 1925|
|• Mayor||Scott Singer |
|• Deputy Mayor||Andrea Levine O'Rourke|
|• Councilmembers||Monica Mayotte, Andy Thompson and Yvette Drucker|
|• City Manager||Leif J. Ahnell|
|• City Clerk||Susan S. Saxton|
|• Total||31.29 sq mi (81.05 km2)|
|• Land||29.32 sq mi (75.94 km2)|
|• Water||1.97 sq mi (5.11 km2)|
|Elevation||13 ft (4 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||3,277.88/sq mi (1,265.61/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
16 total ZIP codes:
|GNIS feature ID||0279123|
The main campuses of Florida Atlantic University and Everglades University are in Boca Raton. The headquarters of Office Depot is also in the city.
- "Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum". www.bocahistory.org. Retrieved July 18, 2015.
- "The Florida Historical Society: Boca Raton". myfloridahistory.org. Retrieved July 18, 2015.
- "Gov. Rick Scott suspends Boca Raton Mayor Susan Haynie". Marci Schatzman. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 7, 2017.
- "American FactFinder - Results". factfinder.census.gov. United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 13, 2020. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "ZIP Code Lookup – Search By City". United States Postal Service. Archived from the original on September 3, 2007. Retrieved June 13, 2009.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved January 31, 2008.