Burbank is a city in the southeastern end of the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles County, California. Located just 12 miles (19 km) northwest of Downtown Los Angeles, Burbank is well known for being home to Walt Disney Studios and Warner Bros Studios, as well as having the largest IKEA in the United States. The population at the 2020 census was 107,337.
"A city built by People, Pride, and Progress"
|Founded||May 1, 1887|
|Incorporated||July 8, 1911|
|Named for||David Burbank|
|• Total||17.35 sq mi (44.94 km2)|
|• Land||17.32 sq mi (44.85 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.09 km2)|
|Elevation||607 ft (185 m)|
|• Rank||14th in Los Angeles County|
66th in California
|• Density||6,199/sq mi (2,393/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−8 (Pacific)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−7 (PDT)|
91501–91508, 91510, 91521–91523, 91526
|GNIS feature IDs||1652677, 2409939|
Notable people Edit
- Sterling Beaumon (b. 1995), actor, musician
- Tyler Blackburn (b. 1986), actor, singer
- Kelly Blatz (b. 1987), actor, model
- Scott Borchetta (b. 1962), president/CEO of Big Machine Records
- Tim Burton (b. 1958), film director, producer
- Paul Cameron (b. 1932), football player
- Glenn Davis (1924–2005), football player, Heisman Trophy winner
- Debbe Dunning (b. 1966), actress
- Masiela Lusha (b. 1985), actress, writer, humanitarian
- Andrew Gold (1951–2011), singer-songwriter, born in Burbank
- Mark Harmon (b. 1951), actor
- Jason Hirsh (b. 1982), professional baseball player
- Ron Howard (b. 1954), actor, director
- Ryan Lavarnway (b. 1987), major league baseball catcher (Baltimore Orioles)
- Blake Lively (b. 1987), actress
- Chris Marquette (b. 1984), actor
- Cady McClain (b. 1969), actress
- Garry Marshall (1934–2016), director, actor
- Hayley McFarland (b. 1991), actress
- Sandy Neilson (b. 1956), Olympic swimming gold medalist
- Greg Plitt (1977–2015), fitness model, actor.
- Eve Plumb (b. 1958), actress
- Debbie Reynolds (1932–2016), actress, singer
- Randy Rhoads (1956–1982), musician, guitarist
- Jason Ritter (b. 1980), actor, raised in Burbank
- John Ritter (1948–2003), actor, TV personality, born and raised in Burbank
- Adam Schiff (b. 1960), U.S. Congressman – House of Representatives
- Kendall Schmidt (b. 1990), actor, singer, formed band Heffron Drive in Burbank with Dustin Belt – part of Big Time Rush (band).
- Ryan Shore (b. 1974), film composer
- Daniel Steres (b. 1990), professional soccer player
- Frank Sullivan (b. 1930), Major League baseball pitcher-active 1953–63
- Wil Wheaton (b. 1972), actor
- Anton Yelchin (1989–2016), actor
- "California Cities by Incorporation Date". California Association of Local Agency Formation Commissions. Archived from the original (Word) on November 3, 2014. Retrieved August 25, 2014.
- "2020 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved October 30, 2021.
- "Burbank". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved November 6, 2014.
- "QuickFacts: Burbank city, California". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved July 28, 2023.
- "ZIP Code(tm) Lookup". United States Postal Service. Archived from the original on February 11, 2012. Retrieved November 29, 2014.
- "Glenn Davis Statistics". Pro-Football-Reference.com.
- "Mark Harmon: Biography". TV Guide. Retrieved April 14, 2008.
- "Jason Hirsh Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Dodgers claim Boston catcher Ryan Lavarnway, designate Drew Butera". Los Angeles Times. 5 December 2014.
- Teper, Lonnie (July 16, 2009). "Greg Plitt". Ironman Magazine.
- "John Ritter".
- "Shore, Ryan". Alumni Directory. Berklee College of Music. Archived from the original on March 30, 2012. Retrieved April 5, 2010.
- "Anton Yelchin Biography". Tribute. Retrieved May 25, 2009.
- Brief History of Burbank, California (Burbank Chamber of Commerce, 1961)
- Of Men and Stars, A History of Lockheed Aircraft Corporation (Lockheed Aircraft Corporation, 1957–1958)
- Ranchos de Los Santos, The Story of Burbank (The Burbank Branch of the Security Trust and Savings Bank, 1927)
- The Story of Burbank from Her Eventful Pioneer Days (The Magnolia Park Chamber of Commerce, 1954)
- Your Burbank Home (Burbank Merchant's Association, 1928)
Other websites Edit
- City of Burbank - official
- Burbank Water & Power - official
- Burbank Unified School District Archived 2008-10-26 at the Wayback Machine
- Burbank Chamber of Commerce
- Bob Hope Airport - official Archived 2011-02-23 at the Wayback Machine
- Burbankia (Burbank history and lore)
- Burbank.com - Your online guide to Burbank, California
- Burbank Community Book, 1944
- A History of Burbank, 1968