Chaitali Das is an Indian entrepreneur and social worker based in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. Chaitali is best known as managing trustee of Rakshak Foundation, a non-profit organization. In 2018, she won the Exceptional Woman of Excellence award by Women Economic Forum.
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
|Alma mater||University of Cambridge|
|Known for||Social work|
Chaitali Das obtained a degree in Human Resource Management from University of Cambridge. She had been supporting social causes since 1991 as part of family charity and later on founded Rakshak Foundation along with her husband, Jaydip Das in 2014. Rakshak Foundation has been running 2 child development centers with Kolkata Police, Nabadisha Tollygunge and Ekbalpur Nabadisha.
Also, her social program Jute Story beyond Bars with jail inmates to develop their skills at various correctional homes across the country was highly praised by various social organizations.
- "Chaitali Das Charter President Rotary Club of Calcutta Millennium and Managing Trustee of Rakshak Foundation Archives - IBG News". IBG News. Retrieved 30 June 2018.
- "Invoking and instilling creativity - The Statesman". The Statesman. 4 August 2017. Retrieved 30 June 2018.
- "Humanitarian Chaitali Das Inspiring Women from Adversity to Empowerment". Dailyhunt India. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- "Painting, cake cutting programmes for jailed women". Press Trust of India. Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- "Chaitali Das – WEF Awards". wefawards.org. Retrieved 30 June 2018.
- "Chaitali Das - Vital Voices". Vital Voices. Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- "Chinese Consulate Kolkata Donates Van and Smart Class Infrastructure to Indian Charity Units". Chinese Consulate General in Kolkata. Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- "Children get a smart classroom". Telegraph India. Retrieved 30 June 2018.
- "Skills that empower lives behind bars". The Telegraph. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- "Jute Story Beyond Bars: A Rakshak Foundation promotion to sell jute products by correctional home inmates | Indiablooms - First Portal on Digital News Management". Indiablooms.com. Retrieved 30 June 2018.
- "Jute products by correctional home inmates put on display". Outlook (magazine). Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- Das, Rana. "'Udaan' Felicitates Women Achievers Today Morning". Kolkata24x7.com. Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- "Chaitali Das - Publications - Research - Royal Holloway, University of London" (in en). pure.royalholloway.ac.uk. https://pure.royalholloway.ac.uk/portal/en/persons/chaitali-das(b7ad4d6b-6e8c-4099-8a0c-a206d5709a02)/publications.html. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- Das, Chaitali; ONeill, M; Pinkerton, John (1 June 2016). "Re-engaging with community work as a method of practice in social work: A view from Northern Ireland". Journal of Social Work. doi:10.1177/1468017316652117. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/303746190_Re-engaging_with_community_work_as_a_method_of_practice_in_social_work_A_view_from_Northern_Ireland. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- British-Indian Adult Children of Divorce: Context, Impact and Coping (1 edition ed.). Routledge. 2011. ISBN 9781409408246. Retrieved 26 June 2018.CS1 maint: extra text (link)