Cory Anthony Booker (born April 27, 1969) is an American politician and the junior United States Senator from New Jersey. He is a member of the U.S. Democratic Party. He has been in office since 2013. Before being senator, he served as mayor of Newark from 2006 to 2013.
|United States Senator|
from New Jersey
|Assumed office |
October 31, 2013
Serving with Bob Menendez
|Preceded by||Jeffrey Chiesa|
|Mayor of Newark, New Jersey|
July 1, 2006 – October 31, 2013
|Preceded by||Sharpe James|
|Succeeded by||Luis Quintana|
|Member of the Newark City Council|
from the Central Ward
July 1, 1998 – June 30, 2002
|Preceded by||George Branch|
|Succeeded by||Charles Bell|
Cory Anthony Booker
April 27, 1969
Washington, D.C., U.S.
|Alma mater||Stanford University|
Queen's College, Oxford
Yale Law School
2020 presidential campaignEdit
Many news articles believe that Booker would be a popular Democratic candidate for the 2020 presidential election against Donald Trump. On February 1, 2019, Booker launched his presidential campaign for the Democratic nomination.
- Cite error: The named reference
CNNwas used but no text was provided for refs named (see the help page).
- "Cory Booker Announced 2020 Campaign". Retrieved February 1, 2019.
- Burke, Caroline (2019-02-01). "Cary Booker, Cory Booker's Brother: 5 Fast Facts to Know". Heavy. Retrieved 2019-03-10.
- Joanne Palmer. A love story - Cory Booker talks about growing up in Harrington Park, falling in love with Judaism. Jewish Standard. October 12, 2014
- Kurtz, Judy (March 14, 2019). "Rosario Dawson confirms relationship with Booker". The Hill. Washington, D.C.: Capitol Hill Publishing Corp., a subsidiary of News Communications, Inc.
|Wikinews has news related to this article: On the campaign trail in the USA, July 2016#Summary|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Cory Booker|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cory Booker.|