Death and funeral of Néstor Kirchner
Néstor Kirchner was the former President of Argentina and the first Secretary General of the Union of South American Nations. He died of heart failure on the morning of 27 October 2010. He was aged 60. His wife, President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, was with him when he died. He had been expected to run for president in 2011.
Kirchner's funeral began on 28 October. His body was put on display in his coffin at the Casa Rosada. Over more than 24 hours, hundreds of thousands of people came to see him. Many Argentine politicians and eight South American leaders attended the funeral. In the afternoon the next day, his body was moved to the metropolitan airport. A procession of many people walked with his coffin from Casa Rosada. From the airport of Río Gallegos, Kirchner's body was taken to the cemetery.
- "Murió el ex presidente Néstor Kirchner" [Former president Néstor Kirchner has died] (in Spanish). Buenos Aires: Clarín. 27 October 2010.
- Consternación por la muerte del ex presidente Néstor Kirchner (in Spanish)
- "Cristina lo acompañó hasta el final, La Nación". Lanacion.com.ar. Retrieved 2010-10-28.
- "Argentine ex-leader Kirchner dies — Americas". Al Jazeera English. Retrieved 2010-10-28.
- "Masiva despedida al ex presidente Néstor Kirchner". lanacion.com. 2010-10-29. Retrieved 2010-10-29.
- "Restos de Néstor Kirchner serán velados en la Casa Rosada,Telesur". Telesurtv.net. 2006-11-14. Retrieved 2010-10-28.
- "La larga despedida unió la Capital con el Sur". lanacion.com. 2010-10-29. Retrieved 2010-10-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Death and state funeral of Néstor Kirchner.|