Deval Patrick 2020 presidential campaign
The 2020 presidential campaign of Deval Patrick, the former Governor of Massachusetts, began on November 14, 2019, when Patrick announced he was running in the Democratic primaries through a video message.
|Deval Patrick 2020 presidential campaign|
|Campaign||2020 United States presidential election (Democratic Party primaries)|
November 14, 2019
February 12, 2020
|Headquarters||Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Slogan||Deval for All|
On February 28, 2018, in response to reports that David Axelrod and Valerie Jarrett wanted him to run for president, Patrick stated on public radio that it was "on my radar screen". On December 6, 2018, Patrick formally announced via Facebook that he would not be running for president in 2020. However, on November 11, 2019, The New York Times reported that Patrick was thinking of making a late entry into the presidential race.
- "Deval Patrick Makes A Late Entry Into The 2020 Presidential Race". NPR. November 14, 2019.
- Kraske, Steve (2018-02-28). "Is Deval Patrick Democrats' Next Big Hope?". NPR KCUR 89.3. Retrieved 2019-02-03. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Levenson, Michael (2018-03-06). "Deval Patrick says a 2020 presidential run is 'on my radar screen'". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 2018-03-07. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Patrick, Deval. "2020 Presidential Candidacy Decision". Facebook. Retrieved 2018-12-06. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Levenson, Michael; McGrane, Victoria (2018-12-06). "Deval Patrick isn't running for president in 2020, citing 'the cruelty of our elections process'". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 2018-12-06. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Martin, Jonathan (2019-11-11). "Deval Patrick, Ex-Governor of Massachusetts, Is Considering 2020 Presidential Race". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-11-12.
- "Deval Patrick Tells Democrats He Will Run in 2020 Presidential Race". The New York Times. November 13, 2019.
- Stevens, Matt (November 14, 2019). "Deval Patrick Joins the 2020 Race: 'This Won't Be Easy, and It Shouldn't Be'". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved November 14, 2019.
- "Former Massachusetts Governor Patrick to end 2020 presidential bid: CBS". Reuters. 2020-02-12. Retrieved 2020-02-12.