All air holds different amounts of water vapor. The dew point shows the amount of moisture in the air. The higher the dew point is, the higher the level of moisture in the air at a given temperature. The dew point of humid air will be higher than the dew point of dry air.
Condensation of water vapor starts when the temperature of air is lowered to its dew point and beyond. The dew point, like other measures of humidity, can be found from measurement taken by a hygrometer.
- What is the dew point? Archived 2010-12-01 at the Wayback Machine
- NOAA Dew point
- dew point formula Archived 2017-01-13 at the Wayback Machine
- Windows program for Heat Index, Dew Point, etc Archived 2008-08-28 at the Wayback Machine
- Dew point evaporates on KPRC newscast ("The dew point is absolutely worthless information")
- Often Needed Answers about Temp, Humidity & Dew Point from the sci.geo.meteorology Usenet newsgroup