Doris Mary Ann Kappelhoff (April 3, 1922 – May 13, 2019) was an American singer, actress and animal welfare activist. She is known for her blonde, wholesome image. She was born in Cincinnati, Ohio. All her grandparents were German immigrants.
Personal life and deathEdit
Day was married to Al Jorden from 1941 until they divorced in 1943. She was married to George Weidler from 1946 until they divorced in 1949. She was married to Martin Melcher from 1951 until his death in 1968. She was married to Barry Comden from 1976 until they divorced in 1981. Day had a son, Terry Melcher (1942–2004), with Jorden.
- Elber, Lynn (April 2, 2017). "Birthday surprise for ageless Doris Day: She's actually 95". Associated Press. Archived from the original on April 4, 2017. Retrieved April 2, 2017.
A copy of Day's birth certificate, obtained by The Associated Press from Ohio's Office of Vital Statistics, settles the issue: Doris Mary Kappelhoff, her pre-fame name, was born on April 3, 1922, making her 96. Her parents were Alma and William Kappelhoff of Cincinnati.
- Gilliland, John (1994). Pop Chronicles the 40s: The Lively Story of Pop Music in the 40s (audiobook). ISBN 978-1-55935-147-8. OCLC 31611854. Cassette 1, side B.
- "Filmography - Doris Day".
- "The Films of Doris Day - A tribute to the film legend and singer". Archived from the original on 2015-08-21. Retrieved 2014-09-25.
- "DorisDayTribute.com - Extras - The Golden Couple, Rock Hudson & Doris Day". Archived from the original on 2015-02-19. Retrieved 2014-09-26.
- "Doris Day, Hollywood actress and singer, dies aged 97". BBC News. May 13, 2019. Retrieved May 13, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Doris Day.|
- Doris Day on IMDb
- A Sentimental Journey with Les Brown band at YouTube.
- Doris Day & Andre Previn - album "Duet" at YouTube