Edwin Earl Catmull (born March 31, 1945) is an American computer scientist. He is the current president of Pixar (a company he co-founded) and Walt Disney Animation Studios. As a computer scientist, Catmull has work on many important developments in computer graphics. He was born in Parkersburg, West Virginia.
In October 2018, Catmull announced his plans to retire from Pixar Animation Studios and Disney Animation Studios, staying on as an adviser through July 2019.
- Cook, R. L.; Carpenter, L.; Catmull, E. (1987). "The Reyes image rendering architecture" (PDF). ACM SIGGRAPH Computer Graphics. 21 (4): 95. doi:10.1145/37402.37414.
- Price, David P. T. (2009). The Pixar Touch (Vintage). London: Vintage. ISBN 0-307-27829-8.
- Michael Rubin, "Droidmaker: George Lucas and the Digital Revolution" (2005), ISBN 0-937404-67-5
- "Parkersburg, West Virginia". City-Data.com. Retrieved June 7, 2014.
- "Pixar Co-Founder Ed Catmull to Retire". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2018-10-23.