Fargo (TV series)
||This article needs to be updated. (May 2017)|
Fargo is an American anthology dark comedy crime drama television series. It is set mostly in Bemidji, Minnesota. Other locations shown are Duluth, Minnesota and Fargo, North Dakota. It is based on the 1996 movie of the same name. It premiered on April 15, 2014.
|Written by||Noah Hawley|
|Starring||Billy Bob Thornton
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Adam Bernstein
|Location(s)||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
|Cinematography||Matthew J. Lloyd|
|Production company(s)||26 Keys Productions
Mike Zoss Productions
|Original airing||April 15, 2014|
The show was announced in 2012 by FX. The production for the series began in the fall of 2013 with filming taking place in and around Calgary, Alberta. On July 21, 2014, FX renewed Fargo for a ten-episode second season, which premiered in October 2015. A third season premiered in April 2017.
In January 2006, Lorne Malvo (Billy Bob Thornton) passes through Bemidji, Minnesota and influences the community with his malice, violence and deception, including put-upon insurance salesman Lester Nygaard (Martin Freeman). Meanwhile, Deputy Molly Solverson (Allison Tolman) and Duluth police officer Gus Grimly (Colin Hanks) team up to solve a series of murders they believe may be linked to Malvo and Nygaard.
The season takes place in 1979 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and Luverne, Minnesota. It features state police officer Lou Solverson (Patrick Wilson), who has just returned from Vietnam, investigating a crime involving a local gang, Mob syndicate and being assign to protect then-Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan during his campaign stop in Fargo.
- Billy Bob Thornton as Lorne Malvo
- Allison Tolman as Deputy Molly Solverson
- Colin Hanks as Officer Gus Grimly
- Martin Freeman as Lester Nygaard
- Bob Odenkirk as Chief Bill Oswalt
- Adam Goldberg as Mr. Numbers
- Russell Harvard as Mr. Wrench
- Oliver Platt as Stavros Milos
- Glenn Howerton as Don Chumph
- Jordan Peele as Special Agent Webb Pepper
- Keegan-Michael Key as Special Agent Bill Budge
- Joey King as Greta Grimly
- Keith Carradine as Lou Solverson
- Kate Walsh as Gina Hess
- Atticus Mitchell as Mickey Hess
- Liam Green as Moe Hess
- Julie Ann Emery as Ida Thurman
- Tom Musgrave as Bo Munk
- Rachel Blanchard as Kitty Nygaard
- Joshua Close as Chazz Nygaard
- Spencer Drever as Gordo Nygaard
- Kelly Holden Bashar as Pearl Nygaard
- Susan Park as Linda Park
- Gary Valentine as Deputy Knudsen
- Stephen Root as Burt Canton
- Patrick Wilson as Lou Solverson
- Ted Danson as Sheriff Hank Larsson
- Jean Smart as Floyd Gerhardt
- Kirsten Dunst as Peggy Blomquist
- Jesse Plemons as Ed Blomquist
- Jeffrey Donovan as Dodd Gerhardt
- Rachel Keller as Simone
- Nick Offerman as Karl Weathers
- Brad Garrett as Joe Bulo
- Kieran Culkin as Rye Gerhardt
- Bokeem Woodbine as Mike Milligan
- Angus Sampson as Bear Gerhardt
- Keir O'Donnell as Ben Schmidt
- Bruce Campbell as Ronald Reagan
- Michael Hogan as Otto Gerhardt
- Cristin Milioti as Betsy Solverson
- Adam Arkin as Hamish Broker
- "FX's 'Fargo' gets premiere date". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- "FX Teams With Joel & Ethan Coen And Noah Hawley For Series Adaptation Of 'Fargo'". Deadline. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- "Calgary-filmed Fargo coming to TV in April". Calgary Herald. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- Fitzpatrick, Kevin (June 18, 2015). "FX ‘Fargo’ Season 2 Pecks Out First September Teaser Trailer". ScreenCrush (Townsquare Media). http://screencrush.com/fx-fargo-season-2-teaser-trailer/. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
- "COMIC-CON: HERE'S BRUCE CAMPBELL AS RONALD REAGAN IN FX'S FARGO". IGN.com. Retrieved July 9, 2015.
- FX (January 8, 2014). "Patrick Wilson Ted Danson & Jean Smart to Star in Season 2 of 'Fargo'". Press release. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/01/08/patrick-wilson-ted-danson-jean-smart-to-star-in-season-2-of-fargo/347983/. Retrieved January 8, 2014.
- Hibberd, James (December 10, 2014). "'Fargo' season 2 to star Kirsten Dunst, Jesse Plemons". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved December 10, 2014.
- Kenneally, Tim; Sneider, Jeff (December 3, 2014). "Jeffrey Donovan Joining 'Fargo' for Season 2; Nick Offerman Sought for Role (Exclusive)". The Wrap. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- Kroll, Justin (January 16, 2015). "Keir O'Donnell Joins 'Fargo' Season 2". Variety. Retrieved January 17, 2015.
- Ausiello, Michael (March 24, 2015). "Fargo Elects Bruce Campbell to Play Ronald Reagan in Season 2". TVLine. Retrieved March 25, 2015.
- Kenneally, Tim; Sneider, Jeff (January 28, 2015). "'Fargo' Casts 'Battlestar Galactica' Alum Michael Hogan for Year 2 (Exclusive)". The Wrap. Retrieved January 29, 2015.
- Andreeva, Nellie (March 12, 2015). "Cristin Milioti Joins FX 'Fargo' Miniseries". Deadline.com. Retrieved March 12, 2015.
- Hibberd, James (April 22, 2015). "Fargo casts Adam Arkin as season 2 mob boss". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved April 24, 2015.