The English used in this article or section may not be easy for everybody to understand.
Frozen II, also known as Frozen 2, is a 2019 American computer-animated musical fantasy movie produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios. It is the 58th animated movie produced by the studio. Frozen II is the sequel to the 2013 movie Frozen and has the return of directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee, producer Peter Del Vecho, songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, and composer Christophe Beck. Lee also returns as screenwriter, making the screenplay from a story by her, Buck, Marc E. Smith, Anderson-Lopez, and Lopez, while Byron Howard executive-produced the movie. Veteran voice cast Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Josh Gad, Jonathan Groff, and Ciarán Hinds return as their previous characters, and they are joined by newcomers Sterling K. Brown, Evan Rachel Wood, Alfred Molina, Martha Plimpton, Jason Ritter, Rachel Matthews, and Jeremy Sisto.
Set three years after the first movie, the story follows Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven, who leave on a journey outside their kingdom of Arendelle in order to find out the cause of Elsa's magical powers and save their kingdom after a mysterious voice calls out to Elsa.
Frozen II had its world premiere at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood on November 7, 2019, and was released in the US by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures on November 22, 2019. The movie received positive reviews from critics who liked its animation, visuals, writing, music, and vocals. It has grossed $1.406 billion worldwide, had the highest all-time worldwide opening for an animated movie, and is the second highest-grossing animated movie of all time and the third highest-grossing movie of 2019, as well as the 10th highest-grossing movie of all time.
|Togo||November 22, 2019|
|Tunisia||November 30, 2019|
|Bhutan||December 25, 2019|
Sami in Frozen IIEdit
The character Kristoff is meant to be Sami, a group of indigenous people who live in northern Europe and Asia. Some people who saw the first Frozen complained that Kristoff was not a good way to show Sami because he is light-skinned and blond. This is called whitewashing. Although some Sami look like Kristoff, most have darker skin and hair. When making Frozen II, Disney signed a contract with Sami leaders and hired Sami experts to make sure the fictional Sami in the movie, the Northuldra, would be shown respectfully.
- Richford, Rhonda (June 14, 2019). "Disney Reveals First Footage of 'Frozen 2' in Annecy". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on June 14, 2019. Retrieved June 14, 2019.
- Frozen 2 Official Trailer – YouTube at YouTube
- Elderkin, Beth (February 13, 2019). "The First Frozen 2 Teaser Shows the Sisters Exploring Beyond Arendelle". iO9. Archived from the original on February 16, 2019. Retrieved February 16, 2019.
- Cox, Chris (June 24, 2019). "Infestation: Annecy Animation Festival 2019: Frozen 2 – One of Us". oneofus.net. Archived from the original on July 2, 2019. Retrieved June 25, 2019.
- Radhayan Simonpillai (November 19, 2019). "Disney signed a contract with Indigenous people before making Frozen II". Now Toronto. Retrieved December 12, 2019.