Gary Snyder (born May 8, 1930) is an American writer. He is also an essayist, lecturer, and environmental activist. Snyder is a winner of a Pulitzer Prize for Poetry. Since the 1970s, he has often been called the "laureate of Deep Ecology." Since the 1950s, he has published travel-journals and essays.
- Lannan Foundation, Wendell Berry and Gary Snyder 2001 (see Wendell Berry entry for link)
- 1991 audio interview with Gary Snyder by Don Swaim of CBS Radio - RealAudio Archived 2005-09-16 at the Wayback Machine
- Gary Snyder - Books, Selected Poems, Prose and Biography - in Russian Archived 2013-06-07 at the Wayback Machine
- Blue Neon Alley - Selected Poems, Quotes and Directory Archived 2007-12-23 at the Wayback Machine
- Shambala Sun article "The Wild Mind Of Gary Snyder" by Trevor Carolan Archived 2008-12-04 at the Wayback Machine
- Modern American Poetry Collection - Ball State University Archives and Special Collections Research Center - Other website Archived 2007-04-03 at the Wayback Machine