Canadian ice hockey player (1895-1950)
George Henry Hainsworth (June 26, 1895 – October 9, 1950) was a Canadian professional ice hockey goaltender who played for the Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs in the National Hockey League (NHL).
|Hockey Hall of Fame, 1961|
June 26, 1895|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
October 9, 1950 (aged 55)|
Gravenhurst, Ontario, Canada
|Height||5 ft 6 in (168 cm)|
|Weight||150 lb (68 kg; 10 st 10 lb)|
Toronto Maple Leafs
- He is the all-time leader in professional shutouts with 104.
- His 94 shutouts are third on the NHL's all-time list behind Martin Brodeur's 96 and Terry Sawchuk's 103.
- Has the lowest career goals against average tied with Alex Connell.
- Holds the single-season shutout record with 22 shutouts, a mark likely never to be touched.
- Hainsworth's statistics and bio at Hockeygoalies.org
- George Hainsworth biography at Legends of Hockey