Hazem Harb is a Palestinian visual artist currently based out of Dubai, UAE. Hazem Harb is better known for his visual works including The Invisible Landscape and Concrete Futures. In 2008, Hazem was nominated for The Young Artist of the Year Award by the A. M. Qattan Foundation.
|Education||Master of Fine Arts (MFA)|
|Alma mater||Istituto Europeo di Design|
|Occupation||Visual artist, painter|
|Known for||The Invisible Landscape and Concrete Futures|
In 1980, Hazem Harb was born in Gaza, Palestine. In 2004, he migrated to Italy and enrolled himself in the Academy of Fine Art in Rome. In 2009, he obtained his MFA degree from The European Institute of Design, Rome, Italy. In 2011, Hazem was granted the second residency at The Delfina Foundation, London. Notably, in 2015, he exhibited The Invisible Landscape & Concrete Futures at Salsali Private Museum in Dubai, which was well-received by critics.
- The Invisible Landscape & Concrete Futures at Salsali Private Museum, Dubai, 2015
- Al Baseera at Athr Gallery, Jeddah, 2014
- I can imagine you without your home at Etemad Gallery, Dubai, UAE, 2012
- Is this your first time in Gaza? at The Mosaic Rooms, A.M. Qattan Foundation, London, UK, 2010
- Contemporary Heritage at Tabari Artspace, 2020
- THE PERSISTENCE OF MEMORY at Montoro12 Gallery, Brussels, 2020
- "Hazem Harb's First Solo Museum Show in Dubai". Vogue Man Arabia. Retrieved 29 May 2020.
- "Artist Hazem Harb's excavation of the Palestinian past". The National. Retrieved 29 May 2020.
- "Palestinian Hazem Harb brings his heritage alive through art". gulfnews.com. Retrieved 29 May 2020.
- Khaldi, Lara (2015). "The invisible landscape & concrete future: Hazem Harb solo exhibition". Salsali Private Museum ; Athr Gallery. Retrieved 4 June 2020. Cite journal requires
- "Artists' Residencies". A M Qattan Foundation. 9 March 2013. Retrieved 29 May 2020.
- Johnston, Alan (17 June 2004). "Art imitates life in Gaza". news.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 30 June 2020.
- "Artist Hazem Harb attempts to raise the level of public consciousness". Global-Citizen. 16 September 2015. Retrieved 29 May 2020.
- "Arab artists Hazem Harb portrays human suffering in his hometown". Al Arabiya English. 10 October 2012. Retrieved 29 May 2020.
- "Hazem Harb – Palestine – Cairo Biennale". cairobiennale.gov.eg. Government of Egypt. Retrieved 4 June 2020.
- "Artist Hazem Harb to exhibit in Dubai". Khaleej Times. Retrieved 29 May 2020.
- "The invisible landscape & concrete future : Hazem Harb solo exhibition / curated by Lara Khaldi". Smithsonian Institution. Retrieved 29 May 2020.
- "Al Baseera: A mix of Islamic geometry and modern art". Arab News. 10 June 2014. Retrieved 4 June 2020.
- "Arab British Centre | Is this your first time in Gaza?". www.arabbritishcentre.org.uk. Retrieved 29 May 2020.
- "UAE's Tabari Artspace launches 360-degree virtual art exhibition". Time Out Dubai. 7 April 2020. Retrieved 4 June 2020.
- "THE PERSISTENCE OF MEMORY by Hazem Harb at Montoro12 Gallery | Brussels - Artland". www.artland.com. Retrieved 29 May 2020.