Himeji Castle (姫路城) is a Japanese castle which is in Himeji in Hyōgo Prefecture. It includes 83 buildings made of wood. It is sometimes known as Hakurojō or Shirasagijō ("White Heron Castle") because of its brilliant white exterior.
Media related to Himeji castle at Wikimedia Commons
- Himeji Castle Guide Archived 2012-11-26 at the Wayback Machine
- Himeji castle website Archived 2015-04-05 at the Wayback Machine (requires Macromedia Flash plugin)
- Official UNESCO page for Himeji castle
- Himeji Tourist Information・Worlds Cultural Heritege Himeji castle Archived 2007-03-12 at the Wayback Machine
- Himeji Castle - LOCATION VIEW Himeji Edition (Tourist Guide with 360 degree movie map)