Hugh Michael Jackman AC (born October 12, 1968) is an English-Australian actor, singer, musician, dancer and producer. He is an actor in theater and television too. He plays on different roles and various genres of movies like romance, superhero, musical, drama, action and comedy.
Jackman in Tokyo, February 2018
Hugh Michael Jackman
12 October 1968
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Alma mater||University of Technology Sydney, Academy of Performing Arts of Edith Cowan University|
|Occupation||Actor, singer, producer|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
Deborra-Lee Furness (m. 1996)
Jackman was born in Sydney to English immigrant parents. He is best known for his long-running role as Wolverine in the X-Men movie series. His performances in The Fountain, Les Misérables and Prisoners garnered strong critical acclaim.
Jackman married Deborra-Lee Furness in 1996 in Melbourne. The couple adopted a son and daughter. Jackman has been described as one of the world's most attractive man, by various media outlets and his perceived sex appeal has been picked up by many sources, including Empire, who named him one of the sexiest stars in movie history and People, who named him one of the World's Most Beautiful People. In 2008 Jackman won People's Sexiest Man Alive. Jackman appeared on Forbes's annual Celebrity 100 list of the 100 most powerful celebrities and In 2013, he topped Forbes's Most Powerful Actors list.
- Erskineville Kings (1999)
- Paperback Hero (1999)
- X-Men (2000)
- Kate & Leopold (2001)
- Someone Like You (2001)
- Swordfish (2001)
- X2 (2003)
- Profile of a Serial Killer (2004)
- Van Helsing (2004)
- The Prestige (2006)
- The Fountain (2006)
- Scoop (2006)
- X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
- Deception (2008)
- Australia (2008)
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
- X-Men: First Class (2011)
- Real Steel (2011)
- Les Misérables (2012)
- The Wolverine (2013)
- Prisoners (2013)
- Days of Future Past (2014)
- Chappie (2015)
- Pan (2015)
- Eddie the Eagle (2016)
- X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)
- Logan (2017)
- The Greatest Showman (2017)
- The Season at Sarsaparilla (Australia-1994)
- Thark (Australia-1994)
- Beauty And The Beast (Australia-1995)
- Sunset Boulevard (Australia-1996)
- Oklahoma! (West End-1998)
- Carousel (Broadway-2002)
- The Boy From Oz (Broadway-2003)
- The Boy From Oz Arena Spectacular (Australia-2006)
- A Steady Rain (Broadway-2009)
- Hugh Jackman, in Performance (California-2011)
- Hugh Jackman, in Concert (Canada-2011)
- Hugh Jackman, Back On Broadway (Broadway-2011)
- The River (Broadway-2014)
- Broadway To Oz (Australia-2015)
Awards and nominationsEdit
- "Lights, camera, Jackman". 8 March 2002 – via www.nzherald.co.nz.
- Carrillo, Jenny Cooney (16 September 2015). "Hugh Jackman gets more than he bargained for as pirate Blackbeard in Pan". WAtoday.
- "The 100 Sexiest Movie Stars: The Men". Empire. 7 October 2013.
- "50 Most Beautiful People". PEOPLE.com.
- "Hugh Jackman: The Sexiest Man Alive". PEOPLE.com.
- "Hugh Jackman Named Sexiest Man Alive". Fox News. 25 March 2015.
- "Hugh Jackman". Forbes.
- "Angelina Jolie, Hugh Jackman Top Forbes 'Most Powerful' Actress and Actor Lists". 26 June 2013.
- "Top ten facts about Prisoners star Hugh Jackman". Hellomagazine.com. September 27, 2013. Retrieved April 30, 2016.
- "Hugh Jackman says his biggest regret is refusing to try dance classes". Mail Online. 12 July 2015.
- Chu, Melody (21 November 2013). "Hugh Jackman Treated for Skin Cancer". People. Archived from the original on 22 January 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- Gilman, Greg (13 May 2014). "Hugh Jackman Backtracks on Wolverine; Expects More Skin Cancer Treatment". TheWrap. Archived from the original on 17 May 2014. Retrieved 16 May 2014.