Canadian-American actor (1911-2003)
Hume Blake Cronyn, OC (July 18, 1911 – June 15, 2003) was a Canadian-American actor and writer who enjoyed a long career, often appearing professionally alongside his second wife, Jessica Tandy.
Hume Blake Cronyn Jr.
July 18, 1911
London, Ontario, Canada
|Died||June 15, 2003 (aged 91)|
Fairfield, Connecticut, U.S.
|Parent(s)||Hume Cronyn Sr. (father)|
Cronyn was born in July 18, 1911 in London, Ontario, Canada. He studied at Ridley College and at McGill University.
Cronyn was married to Emily Woodruff from 1934 until they divorced in 1936. Then he was married to Jessica Tandy from 1942 until her death in 1994. Then he was married to Susan Cooper from 1996 until his death in 2003.
Cronyn died on June 15, 2003 in Fairfield, Connecticut from prostate cancer. He was 91.
He won three Emmy Awards and one Tony Award.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Fairfield, Connecticut (June 18, 2003). "Hume Cronyn dead aged 91". The Age. Melbourne. Retrieved 2010-11-07.
- Hume Cronyn at Find a Grave
- Hume Cronyn at the Internet Broadway Database
- Hume Cronyn on IMDb
- Hume Cronyn at Virtual History
- Order of Canada Citation Archived 2007-03-11 at the Wayback Machine
- Hume Cronyn - Internet Accuracy Project