Sir Ian McKellen
McKellen at the San Diego Comic-Con International in July 2013.
Ian Murray McKellen
25 May 1939
|Alma mater||University of Cambridge|
|Partner(s)||Brian Taylor (1964–1972)|
Sean Mathias (1978–1988)
His work has spanned genres from serious Shakespearean and modern theatre to popular fantasy and science fiction movies.
Best known for his roles as Gandalf in the 2001-2003 Lord of the Rings movie trilogy, as Sir Leigh Teabing in The Da Vinci Code, and as Magneto in the X-Men series of movies. He is openly gay and is a prominent activist for the rights of LGBT people.
- Apt Pupil (1998)
- Gods and Monsters (1998)
- X-Men (2000)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)
- X2: X-Men United (2003)
- Emile, (2005)
- Asylum, (2005)
- The Magic Roundabout, as Zebedee (2005) (movie known as "Dougal" in the United States)
- Flushed Away, (2006)
- The Da Vinci Code, (as Sir Leigh Teabing) (2006)
- X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
- The Good Liar (2019)
- Cats (2019)
- "Monitor". Entertainment Weekly (1208). Time Inc. May 25, 2012. p. 21.
- Ian McKellen is battling prostate cancer
- "In 1988 Ian McKellen left an autograph for Michael Howard children with words "F*** off, I'm gay."". Retrieved 24 September 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ian McKellen.|