International Go Federation
international organization that connects the various national Go federations
The International Go Federation (IGF) is an international non-profit organization that connects Go federations around the world. They strive to promote fair play among all players.
|Formation||March 18, 1982|
|International Mind Sports Association|
IGF aims to promote Go all over the world. They do so by the following actions:
- Organize international tournaments such as the World Amateur Go Championship
- Publish updates about Go activities on the IGF website
IGF is formed by national members and continental members (such as the European Go Federation in Europe).
- American Go Association - United States, the American Collegiate Go Association does not have IGF membership
- British Go Association - United Kingdom
- Nihon Ki-in - Japan
References and notesEdit
- ↑ "IMSA - International Mind Sports Association". www.imsaworld.com. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- ↑ "History | Uniting six federations of the traditional mind sports : Chess, Bridge, Draughts, Go and Xiangqi with over 400 National Associations and close to 500 million players". www.imsaworld.com. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- ↑ World Amateur Go Championship at Sensei's Library
- ↑ Some international tournaments are not managed by the IGF.
- ↑ www
- ↑ www
- ↑ Kansai Ki-in and All Japan Student Go Federation does not have IGF membership.