city in Ohio, United States
Ironton is a city in the U.S. state of Ohio. It is the county seat of Lawrence County. 11,129 people lived there in the 2010 census.
City of Ironton
|Coordinates: 38°31′51″N 82°40′42″W / 38.53083°N 82.67833°WCoordinates: 38°31′51″N 82°40′42″W / 38.53083°N 82.67833°W|
|• Mayor||Katrina Keith|
|• City||4.46 sq mi (11.55 km2)|
|• Land||4.16 sq mi (10.77 km2)|
|• Water||0.30 sq mi (0.78 km2)|
|Elevation||551 ft (168 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||2,675.2/sq mi (1,032.9/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1076122|
It is located in southernmost Ohio along the Ohio River, the city includes the Downtown Ironton Historic District.
- ↑ "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on June 17, 2013. Retrieved June 17, 2013.
- ↑ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- ↑ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- Official City Website
- Lawrence County Ohio Genealogical and Historical Website
- The Ironton Tribune
- Rally on the River
- Ironton Community Portal Archived 2021-01-26 at the Wayback Machine
- Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce
- Ironton aLive