James P. Allison
James Patrick Allison (born August 7, 1948) is an American immunologist. He is a professor and chair of Immunology and executive director of immunotherapy platform at the M. D. Anderson Cancer Center. His discoveries have led to new cancer treatments for the deadliest cancers. He is also the director of the Cancer Research Institute (CRI). He is thought to be the first person to isolate the T-cell antigen receptor complex protein.
James P. Allison
James P. Allison in 2018
James Patrick Allison
August 7, 1948
|Alma mater||University of Texas, Austin|
|Known for||Cancer immunotherapy|
|Awards||Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences (2014)|
Tang Prize (2014)
Louisa Gross Horwitz Prize (2014)
Harvey Prize (2014)
Gairdner Foundation International Award (2014)
Lasker-DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award (2015)
Wolf Prize (2017)
Balzan Prize (2017, jointly with Robert D. Schreiber)
The Sjöberg Prize (2017, jointly with Anthony R. Hunter)
King Faisal International Prize (2018)
Albany Medical Center Prize (2018)
Dr. Paul Janssen Award for Biomedical Research (2018)
Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (2018)
|Institutions||M. D. Anderson Cancer Center |
Weill Cornell Medicine
University of California, Berkeley
|Doctoral advisor||G. Barrie Kitto|
- Ackerman, Todd (30 December 2015). "For pioneering immunotherapy researcher, the work is far from over". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "First Tang Prize for Biopharmaceutical Science Awarded to James P. Allison, PhD, and Tasuku Honjo, MD, PhD". www.tang-prize.org. ASCO Post. 10 July 2014. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- Foundation, Lasker. "Unleashing the immune system to combat cancer | The Lasker Foundation". The Lasker Foundation. Lasker Foundation. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "James Allison wins 2018 Dr. Paul Janssen Award for Biomedical Research". Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- "James Allison". Cancer Research Institute. Cancer Research Institute. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "2014 Tang Prize in Biopharmaceutical Science". Archived from the original on 2017-10-20. Retrieved 2016-06-18. Unknown parameter
- Devlin, Hannah (2018-10-01). "James P Allison and Tasuku Honjo win Nobel prize for medicine". the Guardian. Retrieved 2018-10-01.