Gerald Isaac "Jerry" Stiller (June 8, 1927 – May 11, 2020) was an American comedian and actor. He spent many years in the comedy team Stiller and Meara with his wife Anne Meara. Stiller and Meara are the parents of Ben Stiller (with whom he co-starred in the movies Zoolander, Heavyweights, Hot Pursuit, and The Heartbreak Kid) and Amy Stiller. He is best known for his recurring role as Frank Costanza in Seinfeld and his supporting role as Arthur Spooner in The King of Queens.
Gerald Isaac Stiller
June 8, 1927
|Died||May 11, 2020 (aged 92)|
Manhattan, New York City, U.S.
|Cause of death||Natural causes|
|Alma mater||Syracuse University (B.A.)|
(m. 1954; died 2015)
|Children||2; including Ben Stiller|
Stiller was the oldest of four children, Stiller was born in Brooklyn, New York City, the son of Jewish parents, Bella (nee Citrin) and William Stiller, a bus driver. His paternal grandparents immigrated from Galicia, and his mother was born in Poland.
Marriage and familyEdit
Stiller lived in New York City, New York.
- "Jerry Stiller - Internet Accuracy Project". www.accuracyproject.org.
- "Jerry Stiller Biography (1927-)". www.filmreference.com.
- Jerry Stiller (8 August 2000). Married to Laughter: A Love Story Featuring Anne Meara. Simon & Schuster. pp. 19–. ISBN 978-0-7432-1146-8.
- Stiller, Ben (2020-05-11). "I'm sad to say that my father, Jerry Stiller, passed away from natural causes. He was a great dad and grandfather, and the most dedicated husband to Anne for about 62 years. He will be greatly missed. Love you Dad.pic.twitter.com/KyoNsJIBz5". @RedHourBen. Retrieved 2020-05-11.
- CNN, Alta Spells and Lisa Respers France. "Actor and comedian Jerry Stiller has died of natural causes, Ben Stiller says". CNN. Retrieved 2020-05-11.