Justin Drew Bieber
March 1, 1994
Hailey Baldwin (m. 2018)
|Awards||List of awards and nominations|
Early life and careerEdit
Justin Bieber grew up in Ontario. When he was twelve years old, he went into a local singing contest. He came in third place. The video of the contest was uploaded to his YouTube channel run by his mother Pattie Mallette. Bieber was noticed by famous music industry manager Scott Samuel "Scooter" Braun.
Braun saw the 12-year-old boy on YouTube singing a song by Ne-Yo. Braun contacted Bieber's mother, Mallette, who agreed to bring her son, who was 14-year-old at that time, to Atlanta to try working together. Braun convinced them to move from Canada to the United States.
After seeing more success, Braun presented Bieber to two successful artists, Usher and Justin Timberlake. Both showed interest. Eventually Usher's mentor, music executive L. A. Reid, signed Bieber to a deal with Island Def Jam.
In 2009, Bieber toured with Iyaz and Taylor Swift, and traveled in the United States. His first album, My World, which was released in that year, features four singles, "One Time", "One Less Lonely Girl", "Favorite Girl", and "Love Me". He signed to a record deal with Usher. He released My World 2.0 in March 2010 as his second album, as well as going on a world tour. The album includes his smash hit single "Baby" featuring Ludacris, a remix version of "Somebody to Love" featuring his mentor Usher, and two promotional singles "U Smile", and "Never Let You Go". In the same year, he released My Worlds Acoustic, which includes acoustic versions of his songs from the My World album and it also contains the ballad song "Pray". Purpose's single "Sorry" is his most popular song.
In late 2011, he made his professional acting debut in the biopic 3D concert film Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, the movie is accompanied with the release of his remix album Justin Bieber: Never Say Never - The Remixes, which includes remix versions of songs from his previous albums, collaborations with other recording artists and a brand-new track is also included. The remix album includes the single "Never Say Never" a duet song with singer and actor Jaden Smith in which it serves as the theme song for the 2010 movie The Karate Kid. That same year, he released his first Christmas-themed album and his second studio album, Under the Mistletoe, it features the singles "Mistletoe", Fa La La" featuring hip hop vocal group Boyz II Men, "All I Want For Christmas Is You" featuring Mariah Carey, and "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town".
In 2012, his third studio album, Believe, was released; it contains the singles "Boyfriend", "Beauty and a Beat" featuring rapper Nicki Minaj, "As Long as You Love Me" featuring Big Sean, the album was supported by his Believe Tour which began in 2012 and ended in 2013. In 2013, he released Believe Acoustic, containing acoustic versions of songs from the album Believe and three new songs.
On December 23, 2013, the album Journals was released. It has fifteen songs. Ten have been released as singles.
The album Purpose came out in late 2015. It includes the singles "Sorry", "Love Yourself", and "Company". Earlier in the year, he was arrested for being reckless. The album was supported by the Purpose World Tour, which began in 2016, became his highest-grossing world concert tour ever. In early 2017, he was featured in a remix version of Puerto Rican singers Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee's song "Despacito", in which Bieber sings in Spanish for the first time. In July of 2017, Bieber cancelled the remaining dates of his tour due to "unforeseen circumstances".
On February 14, 2020, the singer released his fifth studio album, Changes, it contains the singles "Yummy" and "Intentions" featuring rapper Quavo. The album will be supported by his Changes Tour, which was supposed to start in 2020, but was rescheduled for June of 2021 due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Months later, he has released several collaboration songs such as "Stuck With U" featuring American singer Ariana Grande, "Holy" with American rapper Chance The Rapper, "Lonely" with Benny Blanco, and "Monster" alongside Canadian singer Shawn Mendes. He released his single "Anyone", on January 1, 2021. On March 5, he has released his latest song titled "Hold on". All of these songs were featured on his sixth studio album Justice, released on March 19th, 2021.
On January 23, 2014, Justin was arrested in Miami, Florida, for drunk driving, resisting arrest and driving with an expired drivers license. Late 2013 and most of 2014 was a difficult time for Bieber because Scooter, Bieber's manager, was focused on his new client, Ariana Grande.
Bieber dated singer/songwriter Selena Gomez from 2011 to 2012, and on and off from 2013 to 2014. Even though he said in an interview in 2014 that he and Gomez were officially together once again, they broke up again.
The singer has revealed that he has currently been dealing with several mental health issues, such as depression and anxiety. However, during an interview, he said he had contracted Lyme disease and other health problems.
- My World (2009)
- My World 2.0 (2010)
- My Worlds Acoustic (2010)
- Never Say Never: The Remixes (2011)
- Under the Mistletoe (2011)
- Believe (2012)
- Believe Acoustic (2013)
- Journals (2013)
- Purpose (2015)
- Changes (2020)
- Justice (2021)
- "One Time" (2009)
- "One Less Lonely Girl" (2009)
- "Baby" (2010); featuring Ludacris
- "Somebody to Love" (2010); featuring Usher
- "Never Say Never" (2010); featuring Jaden Smith
- "U Smile" (2010)
- "Pray" (2010)
- "Eenie Meenie" (2010); featuring Sean Kingston
- "Love Me" (2010)
- "Next to You" (2011); featuring Chris Brown
- "Mistletoe" (2011)
- "All I Want For Christmas Is You" (2011); featuring Mariah Carey
- "Fa La La" (2011); featuring Boyz II Men
- "Boyfriend" (2012)
- "As Long As You Love Me" (2012); featuring Big Sean
- "Beauty And A Beat" (2012); featuring Nicki Minaj
- "All That Matters" (2013)
- "Confident" (2013); featuring Chance the Rapper
- "Where Are Ü Now" (2015); featuring Jack Ü
- "What Do You Mean?" (2015)
- "Sorry" (2015)
- "Love Yourself" (2015)
- "Company" (2016)
- "Friends" (2017); featuring BloodPop
- "I'm the One" (DJ Khaled featuring Justin Bieber, Chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne, and Quavo) (2017)
- "Despacito" Remix (2017); Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee featuring Justin Bieber
- "2U" (David Guetta featuring Justin Bieber) (2017)
- "No Brainer" (DJ Khaled featuring Justin Bieber, Chance the Rapper, and Quavo) (2018)
- "10.000 Hours" (2019) (Dan + Shay featuring Justin Bieber)
- "Yummy" (2020)
- "Intentions" (2020); featuring Quavo
- "Stuck with U" (2020); with Ariana Grande
- "Holy" (2020); (featuring Chance The Rapper)
- "Lonely" (2020); with Benny Blanco
- "Monster" (2020); (Shawn Mendes featuring Justin Bieber)
- "Anyone" (2021)
- "Hold On" (2021)
- My World Tour (2010–11)
- Believe Tour (2012–13)
- Purpose World Tour (2016–17)
- Changes Tour (2021)
- Silent Library - Himself
- School Gyrls - Himself
- Saturday Night Live - Guest star and performer
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Jason McCann (two episodes)
- Hubworld - Guest star
- The X Factor (UK) - Performer
- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - Guest star
- "Justin Bieber Biography". The Biography Channel. A+E Networks. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- "Inogolo – English Pronunciation Guide to the Names of People, Places, and Stuff – Justin Bieber". Retrieved January 31, 2015.
- Mitchell, Gail (April 28, 2009). "Usher Introduces Teen Singer Justin Bieber". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved July 23, 2009.
- "Justin Bieber: From YouTube to global superstar". CNN. Retrieved 2020-09-05.
- "Justin Bieber". YouTube. Retrieved 2018-03-22.
- Schawbel, Dan. "Inside the Brand of Justin Bieber: An Interview with Manager Scooter Braun". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-09-05.
- "L.A. Reid Remembers 14-Year-Old Justin Bieber Was 'Beautiful Like a Woman'". Billboard. Retrieved 2018-03-22.
- Evans, Brian D. (2017-01-02). "Scooter Braun Shares 2 Keys To Building A Successful Personal Brand". Inc.com. Retrieved 2020-09-05.
- "Justin Bieber "My World" Part 2 On iTunes Soon!". Disney Dreaming. Archived from the original on 2010-01-23. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- Everett, Cristina. "Justin Bieber to release illustrated book, NOT autobiography: 'I'm too young to write a memoir' - NY Daily News". nydailynews.com.
- Ronson, Jon (13 November 2010). "Justin Bieber: One day with the most Googled name on the planet" – via www.theguardian.com.
- "Justin Bieber Arrested for DUI". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Rich, Katey. "Justin Bieber Opens Up About Selena Gomez Breakup, Defends Peeing in a Bucket". HWD. Retrieved 2017-10-29.
- France, Lisa Respers. "Justin Bieber confirms engagement to Hailey Baldwin". CNN. Retrieved July 25, 2018.
- "Whirlwind Wedding! Justin Bieber Marries Hailey Baldwin Two Months After Proposal: Sources". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2020-09-05.