Marco Rubio 2016 presidential campaign
The 2016 presidential campaign of Marco Rubio, the junior United States Senator from Florida, and former Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives, was formally announced on April 13, 2015, at an event at the Freedom Tower in Downtown Miami.
|Marco Rubio for President|
|Campaign||U.S. presidential election, 2016|
U.S. Senator (2011–present)
Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives (2007–2009)
|Status||Announced on April 13, 2015|
Suspended on March 15, 2016
|Headquarters||P.O. Box 558701|
|Key people||Terry Sullivan (Campaign Manager)|
|Slogan||A New American Century|
Having been considered a potential candidate for Vice President by Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney in 2012, Rubio has been seen as a candidate for the Republican nomination for President of the United States in 2016 since at least the end of the 2012 election. He suspended his campaign on March 15, 2016.
On March 30, 2015 Rubio announced on Fox News and through social media that he would be making a "Big Announcement" on April 13 in Miami, Florida. While he did not specify whether the announcement pertained to his reelection as a United States Senator or for the Presidency, most media consensus was that Rubio would be announcing his presidential run. He made the announcement at the Freedom Tower in Downtown Miami.
- "Candidate (P60006723) Summary Reports – 2016 Cycle". Federal Election Commission. Retrieved July 20, 2015.
- Jaffe, Alexandra; Bash, Dana (April 13, 2015) "He's in: Marco Rubio announces presidential bid", CNN. Retrieved April 14, 2015.
- Nelson, Rebecca (April 13, 2015) "Marco Rubio Makes His Pitch as the Fresh Face of the GOP in 2016", National Journal. Retrieved April 14, 2015.
- Rubio, off to fast fundraising start, planning aggressive Florida schedule Washington Post. April 15, 2015
- "Thanks to your support..." Marco Rubio. Retrieved 19 July 2015.