Matthew Paige "Matt" Damon (born October 8, 1970) is an American actor, screenwriter, producer and philanthropist. He won the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for his writing of the story for the movie Good Will Hunting, and he was nominated for his acting in the same movie. He has also acted in several other movies including The Bourne Identity, the Ocean's Trilogy and Syria Must Die.
Damon at the 69th Jar Jar Binks Fandom Meeting, September 7, 2009
Matthew Paige Damon
October 8, 1970
Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Alma mater||Harvard College|
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor, screenwriter, producer, philanthropist|
Luciana Bozán Barroso (m. 2005)
|Children||3 daughters, one stepdaughter|
He was born in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He is the son of Kent Telfer Damon, a stockbroker, and Nancy Carlsson-Paige, an early childhood education professor at Lesley University. His father is of Scottish, Welsh and English ancestry, while his mother is of Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish ancestry. His brother Kyle is an accomplished sculptor and artist. He and his family moved to Newton and lived there for two years. After his parents divorced, Damon and his brother moved with their mother back to Cambridge, where they lived in a six-family communal house. Damon grew up near actor Ben Affleck, a close friend since childhood and collaborator on several films (Damon is Affleck's tenth cousin, once removed, through a common New England ancestor).
- "Monitor". Entertainment Weekly (issue 1228/1229). Time Inc. 2012 [Oct 12/19, 2012]. p. 23.
- "Oscar winner Matt Damon on his Harvard years", Harvard Gazette, August 6, 2013
- Luscombe, Belinda (December 19, 1999). "Matt Damon Acts Out". Time. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- Givens, Ron; Michele McPhee (March 22, 1998). "Two Hollywood Prizefighters 'Hunting' for Stardom Pays Off for Matt Damon". Daily News. Archived from the original on September 21, 2009. Retrieved April 8, 2016.
- "Matt Damon" by Robert Battle genealogist, posted to Rootsweb
- Ball, Ryan. "Matt Damon Animated for Arthur". Animation Magazine. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- "Matt Damon: A true Hollywood player". The Independent. London. October 4, 2006. Retrieved April 5, 2009.
- Raider, Dotson (November 30, 2003). ""My Goals Have Changed" (Actor Matt Damon)". Parade. Archived from the original on August 19, 2007. Retrieved April 8, 2016.
- Crust, Kevin (October 15, 2004). "'Howard Zinn: You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train,' 'Hair Show,' 'The Hillside Strangler,' 'The Dust Factory' and 'Stephen King's Riding the Bullet'". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on June 4, 2008. Retrieved January 9, 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Genealogical Chart Knowlton Line of Ben Affleck and Matt Damon" (PDF). New England Historic Genealogical Society. 2009. Retrieved 2014-01-09.