Meghan, Duchess of Sussex
Meghan, Duchess of Sussex (//; born Rachel Meghan Markle; August 4, 1981) is an American member of the British Royal Family through her marriage to Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, and former actress, model and humanitarian. Starting in 2011, she played Rachel Zane in the legal drama series Suits. She had the role of Amy Jessup in the Fox science fiction-drama Fringe.
|Duchess of Sussex (more)|
|Born||Rachel Meghan Markle|
August 4, 1981
West Park Hospital, Canoga Park, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|House||Windsor (by marriage)|
|Alma mater||Northwestern University|
|Years active||2002–2017 (as actress)|
Markle was born at West Park Hospital in Canoga Park, Los Angeles, California. She grew up in the View Park-Windsor Hills and Hollywood neighborhoods of Los Angeles County. Her father is of a Dutch and Irish background and her mother is African American. She was married to producer Trevor Engelson from 2011 to 2013.
Marriage to Prince HarryEdit
Markle began dating Prince Harry of Wales in June 2016. They became engaged in November 2017. In preparation for the wedding, the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, baptised Markle and confirmed her into the Church of England on March 6, 2018. The couple married at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle on May 19, 2018. After their wedding, they became the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
In October 2018, it was announced that the Duchess was pregnant with the couple's first child. The baby, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, was born on May 6, 2019. In November 2020, the Duchess revealed in an opinion piece for The New York Times that she suffered a miscarriage in July of that year.
- "Prince Harry and US actress Meghan Markle engaged, Prince Charles says". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. November 28, 2017. Retrieved November 28, 2017.
- Booth, Robert (November 28, 2017). "Prince Harry to marry Meghan Markle at Windsor Castle in May". The Guardian. Retrieved November 28, 2017.
- "Meghan and Harry announce pregnancy". BBC News. Retrieved May 18, 2019.
- "Duchess of Sussex gives birth to boy". May 6, 2019. Retrieved May 18, 2019.
- "Meghan: Duchess of Sussex tells of miscarriage 'pain and grief'". BBC News. November 25, 2020.
- "Harry and Meghan announce birth of baby daughter - with name to honour Queen and Diana". Sky News. June 6, 2021. Retrieved June 6, 2021.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex.|