Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR (born 17 December 1942) is the President of Nigeria and a retired Major General in the Nigerian Army who was Head of State of Nigeria from 31 December 1983 to 27 August 1985, after taking power in a military coup d'état.
|President of Nigeria|
|Assumed office |
29 May 2015
|Vice President||Yemi Osinbajo|
|Preceded by||Goodluck Jonathan|
|7th Head of State of Nigeria|
31 December 1983 – 27 August 1985
|Preceded by||Shehu Shagari|
|Succeeded by||Ibrahim Babangida|
|Governor of the Northeastern State|
August 1975 – March 1976
|Preceded by||Musa Usman|
|Born||17 December 1942|
Daura, British Nigeria
|Political party||All Progressives Congress|
|Years of service||1961–1985|
- "Muhammadu Buhari Presidential Candidate". thisisbuhari.com. Retrieved 2015-02-08.
- "Muhammad Buhari". Enyclopaedia Britannica. Retrieved 2015-02-08.
- "Famous U.S. Army War College Alumni". Ranker.com. Retrieved 1 April 2015.
- "Military Regime of Buhari and Idiagbon". Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- Max Siollun (October 2003). "Buhari and Idiagbon: A Missed Opportunity for Nigeria". Retrieved 12 September 2013.
Media related to Muhammadu Buhari at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- 2011 Presidential Election Campaign website
- Muhammadu Buhari - In a HARDtalk interview on 21 January 2004