type of staple food made from some type of unleavened dough
(Redirected from Noodles)
- Egg noodles are made of eggs and wheat flour. Asian egg noodles, Italian type pastas or Reshteh are made this way.
- Wheat noodles- Mee pok, Lamian, Ramen, Udon, Champon, and Yakisoba-type noodles
- Rice noodles - Asian bihun,Vietnamese Phở
- Glass noodles are made of Mung bean or potato starch
- Buckweat noodles - Japanese Soba
Noodles are usually cooked in boiling water. Sometimes, after boiling, noodles are fried in a pan with other ingredients while being moved around in order to be mixed well, which is called stir frying.