Wikimedia disambiguation page
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: order.|
Order has many meanings or uses:
Legal and militaryEdit
In scientific classificationEdit
- Order (physics), the opposite of chaos or disorder (in the sense of randomness), or entropy
- Order (biology), a rank between class and family, or a taxon at that rank
- Order (chemistry), a concept of chemical kinetics
- Social order, a concept used in sociology, history and other social sciences. May mean lawfulness, but more often means class structure.
- Order (group theory), the cardinality of a group
- Order theory, a branch of mathematics that studies many different kinds of binary relations called orders
- Order (ring theory), a kind of an algebraic structure
- Orders of approximation, Big O notation
- Order of magnitude, a class of scale or magnitude of any amount
- Order, or degree of a polynomial
In computer scienceEdit
- Canonical order, the order of elements that follows a certain rules or specifications
- Modulation order, the number of different symbols that can be sent using a given modulation
- Collating order, sequence for text, such as alphabetical
- Order (business), an instruction from a customer to buy
- Order (exchange), customer's instruction to a stock broker
- Order (information processing), a measure of the number of objects or sub-systems in a system
- Order (organization), an organization of people united by a common fraternal bond or social aim.
- Architectonic orders
- Way of categorizing Electronic filters by steepness
- Way of categorizing the size of lighthouse Fresnel lenses
- "The Order"
- Order (food), a customer's choice of food at a restaurant or for delivery
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Order.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.