Wikimedia disambiguation page
Order has many meanings or uses:
- Holy orders are the rites or sacraments in which priests are ordained
- Religious order, a group of people that live together, and share some ideals
- Order (decoration), an award or medal
Legal and militaryEdit
- Court order, made by a judge
- Executive order, issued by the executive branch of government
- General order, a published directive from a commander
- Standing order, a general order of unset duration, and similar ongoing rules in a parliament
- Direct order
In scientific classificationEdit
- Order (physics), the opposite of chaos or disorder (in the sense of randomness), or entropy
- Order (biology), a rank between class and family, or a taxon at that rank
- Order (chemistry), a concept of chemical kinetics
- Social order, a concept used in sociology, history and other social sciences. May mean lawfulness, but more often means class structure.
- Order (group theory), the cardinality of a group
- Order theory, a branch of mathematics that studies many different kinds of binary relations called orders
- Order (ring theory), a kind of an algebraic structure
- Orders of approximation, Big O notation
- Order of magnitude, a class of scale or magnitude of any amount
- Order, or degree of a polynomial
In computer scienceEdit
- Canonical order, the order of elements that follows a certain rules or specifications
- Modulation order, the number of different symbols that can be sent using a given modulation
- Collating order, sequence for text, such as alphabetical
- Order (business), an instruction from a customer to buy
- Order (exchange), customer's instruction to a financial entity for a financial transaction
- Order (information processing), a measure of the number of objects or sub-systems in a system
- Order (organization), an organization of people united by a common fraternal bond or social aim.
- Architectonic orders
- Way of categorizing Electronic filters by steepness
- Way of categorizing the size of lighthouse Fresnel lenses
- "The Order"
- Order (food), a customer's choice of food at a restaurant or for delivery
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Order.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.