PAW Patrol is a Canadian-American CGI-animated kids' television series created by Keith Chapman. It is produced by Spin Master Entertainment with animation provided by Guru Studio. In Canada, the series is shown on TVOKids. In the United States, the show is on Nickelodeon instead.
|Created by||Keith Chapman|
|Developed by||Scott Kraft|
|Theme music composer|
|Opening theme||"PAW Patrol" performed by Scott Simons|
|Ending theme||"PAW Patrol" (instrumental)|
|Composer(s)||Voodoo Highway Music & Post Inc.|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||10|
|No. of episodes||238 (430 segments) (list of episodes)|
|Producer(s)||Patricia Burns (Season 6-)|
|Running time||11 minutes |
22–23 minutes (special episodes only)
|Distributor||Elevation Pictures (Canada)|
ViacomCBS Domestic Media Networks (U.S.)
|Original release||August 12, 2013 –|
In a town called Adventure Bay, a 10-year-old boy named Ryder leads a team of dogs who call themselves the PAW Patrol. The main six dogs are named "Chase", "Marshall", "Rocky", "Skye", "Rubble", and "Zuma". They work together to protect their town. Each dog has a set of skills based on emergency service jobs, such as a firefighter, a police officer, and an aviation pilot. They all reside in doghouses that transform into customized vehicles for their missions. They are also equipped with backpacks called "pup packs" that contain tools that relate to the pups' jobs.
Spin Master has developed the show into a media franchise and released an ongoing line of toys based on it. PAW Patrol toy sales have generated millions of dollars in revenue for the corporation and increased Spin Master's presence in the preschool toy market. The show, and its associated products, have received a variety of awards and nominations from associations such as the Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television and the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
On February 19, 2020, the series was renewed for an eighth season of 26 half-hour episodes. On February 18, 2021, the series was renewed for a ninth season. A theatrical feature film, titled PAW Patrol: The Movie, was released on August 20, 2021.
Original members Edit
- Ryder is the 10-year-old leader of the PAW Patrol. His vehicle is the red ATV that is able to convert into a PWC and snowmobile. He was voiced by Owen Mason from Season 1 to Mid-Season 2, by Elijha Hammill from Mid-Season 2 to Late Season 3, Jaxon Mercey from Late Season 3 to Mid-Season 6, Joey Nijem from Late-Season 6 to Mid-season 7, Beckett Hipkiss from Late-season 7 onwards, and Collin Dean in PAW Patrol: The Movie.
- Chase is a 7-year-old German Shepherd who serves as a police and spy dog. He has a good sense of smell and sight. He also has a cat and feather allergy. His vehicle is the royal blue-coloured police cruiser. He was voiced by Tristan Samuel in Season 1, by Max Calinescu in Seasons 2 - 4 and by Justin Paul Kelly in Season 5 onwards. Chase is also voiced by Iain Armitage in PAW Patrol: The Movie. As of PAW Patrol: The Movie, Chase has gone on to become one of the two mascots (alongside Marshall) of Spin Master Entertainment and is featured in their production logo.
- Marshall is a clumsy but competent 6-year-old Dalmatian who serves as a firefighter and paramedic dog. He is also featured in most episodes and is the most used pup. His vehicle is the red fire truck. He was voiced by Gage Munroe from Season 1, by Drew Davis from Season 2 to Season 5, by Lukas Engel from Season 6 and by Jeremy Maguire from Late-Season 6 onwards. As of PAW Patrol: The Movie, Marshall has gone on to become the other mascot of Spin Master Entertainment and is featured in their production logo.
- Skye is a 7-year-old cockapoo who serves as the air pup. She pilots a grey helicopter with pink highlights. She was voiced by Kallan Holley from Season 1 to Season 5 and by Mckenna Grace from Season 6 onwards.
- Rocky is a 6-year-old grey-and-white Schnauzer/Scottish Terrier mixed-breed pup who serves as a recycling and handyman pup. He drives the lime green recyling-truck. He was voiced by Stuart Ralston from Season 1 to Season 2, by Samuel Faraci from Season 3 to Mid-Season 7 and by Jackson Reid from Late-Season 7 onwards, as well as Ethan William Childress in PAW Patrol: The Movie.
- Zuma is a 5-year-old chocolate Labrador retriever who serves as an aquatic rescue pup. His vehicle is the orange-colored hovercraft which can run quite well on land as well as water. He was voiced by Alex Thorne from Season 1 to Mid-Season 4, Carter Thorne from Mid-Season 4 to Season 5 and by Sunny Suljic from Season 6 onwards.
- Rubble is a 5-year-old bulldog who serves as a construction pup. His vehicle is the yellow bulldozer. He was voiced by Devan Cohen from Season 1 to Season 5 and by Izaac Wang from Season 6 onwards.
Later members Edit
- Everest is a 8-year-old Husky who serves as a mountain pup. She's Marshall's girlfriend. Her vehicle is a metal snowcat with a orange and teal color. She is very cool. She's best friends with Skye. She likes her owner, Jake. She was voiced by Berkeley Silverman in Season 2.
- Tracker is a 6-year-old Chihuahua who serves as a jungle pup. His vehicle is a silver Jeep with the olive green color. He speaks Spanish.
- Tuck is a Golden Retriever who serves as a Mighty Pup along with his twin sister, Ella. His superpower, which is opposite of Ella's, is shrinking to a very small size. He was introduced in Season 6 in a Mighty Pups: Super Paws special episode. His vehicle is a motorcycle which combined with the other half (used by Ella) can become a car.
- Ella is a Golden Retriever who serves as a Mighty Pup along with her twin brother, Tuck. Her superpower, which is opposite of Tuck's, is growing very tall. She was introduced in Season 6 in a Mighty Pups: Super Paws special episode. Her vehicle is a motorcycle which combined with the other half (used by Tuck) can become a car.
- Rex is a Bernese Mountain Dog who serves as a dinosaur helper in the dino wilds. He was introduced in Season 7 in a Dino Rescue special episode. His vehicle is also an azure Jeep.
- Wild (formerly Wildcat) is a Ginger Tabby Cat and is the very first cat member of the PAW Patrol and the leader of the Cat Pack. He was introduced in Season 7 in a Moto Pups special episode. His vehicle in Season 7 is a gray and red motorcycle. His vehicle in season 8 is a cheetah-themed motorcycle.
- Liberty is a dachshund who serves as a guide throughout Adventure City. She was introduced in PAW Patrol: The Movie. Liberty first appeared in the series in the first episode of Season 9. Her vehicle is an extendable pink and light blue motorcycle.
- Al is a basset hound who serves as a trucker. He loves driving his big truck. He is the only PAW Patrol pup whose name doesn't relate to his job. He was introduced in Season 9 in a Big Truck Pups special episode. His vehicle is a white and red big truck with a long arm.
- Coral is a cockapoo mer-pup who serves as a helper around Puplantis and Skye's long-lost cousin. She was introduced in Season 9 in a Aqua Pups special episode, which was the special episode series to celebrate the series' 10th anniversary. Her vehicle is seahorse-shaped.
TVO and Treehouse (Ontario) Télé-Québec (Quebec) Knowledge Kids (British Columbia) Citytv Saskatchewan (Saskatchewan) CTV 2 Alberta (Alberta) Nickelodeon Nick Jr. and Nicktoons (United States) ABC (Sydney) TVNZ (Auckland) ATV (Turkey) Zee TV (India) Nick Jr (United Kingdom and Ireland) EBS (South Korea) TF1 (France).
- "Paw Patrol, Vol. 10" – via itunes.apple.com.
- Damon van der Linde (May 16, 2016). "PAW Patrol has Spin Master on a roll as earnings exceed analyst expectations". Financial Post. Sun Media. Archived from the original on 2 September 2016.
- Patrick Hipes (February 19, 2020). "'Are You Afraid Of The Dark?', 'All That', 'Top Elf,' 'Blue's Clues', 'The Casagrandes' & 'PAW Patrol' Among Slew Of Nickelodeon Renewals". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 19, 2020.
- Denise Petski (February 18, 2021). "PAW Patrol, Blue's Clues & You! & Santiago Of The Seas Renewed By Nickelodeon; Baby Shark Shorts Set". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 18, 2021.