PM md. 63
|PM md. 63|
PM md. 63
|Place of origin||Socialist Republic of Romania|
|Used by||See Users|
Somali Civil War
2001 Afghanistan War
Mexican Drug War
2011 Libyan Civil War
Syrian Civil War
2011 Iraqi Insurgency
|Variants||PM md. 63|
PM md. 65
PM md. 90
|Mass||7.9 lbs (3.6 kg)|
|Length||34.6 in (88 cm)|
|Barrel length||16.3 in (41.5 cm)|
|Action||Gas-operated, rotating bolt|
|Rate of fire||600 rounds/minute|
|Muzzle velocity||715 m/s|
|Effective firing range||100 to 1000 meters sight adjustments|
|Feed system||30 round magazine|
The Pistol Mitralieră model 1965 (abbreviated PM md. 65) is the underfolding-stock version of the PM md. 63, and is exported as the AIMS.
In the early 1960s, the Romanian Army used mostly PPSh-41, Oriţa submachine guns and imported AK-47 assault rifles. With the development of the stamped Type 4 AKM receiver, and the Soviet Union's call to each of the Warsaw Pact's nations to produce their own assault rifles chambered in 7.62mm, be they AK-47 pattern or not, the Romanian State Arsenal developed an AKM clone featuring a forward-pointing front handgrip molded into the lower handguard, called the Pistol Mitralieră model 1963 (literally 'machine pistol' model 1963). The underfolding stock version is designated the Pistol Mitralieră model 1965, and features a rear-pointing front handgrip, allowing the underfolding stock to be completely retracted.
- "Bangladesh Military Forces – BDMilitary.com - Bangladesh's largest military, security & intelligence portal since 2005". www.bdmilitary.com.
- "CSAT a acoperit inselatoria Romaniei in ce priveste comertul cu arme". Ziare.com.
- Sandeep Unnithan (2013-12-30). "Why General Kalashnikov couldn't sell the AK in India". intoday.in. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- JAMES GLANZ and ALISSA J. RUBIN (2008-04-20). "Iraqi Army Takes Last Basra Areas From Sadr Force". The New York Times. Retrieved 2017-06-22.
- Adnan Abu Zeed (2014-11-18). "'Ghost' Soldiers Haunt Iraqi Army". U.S.News. Retrieved 2017-06-22.
- willyp (2007-11-26). "AIM (AKM) Variants (7.62x39)". Image Event. Retrieved 2017-06-22.
- partisan1943 (2015-03-11). "Eastern Bloc militaries". Tumblr. Retrieved 2017-06-22.
- nineoclock (2015-08-15). "Navy Day: Romanian Naval Forces celebrate 155th anniversary by impressive air, sea and land exercise". nineoclock.ro. Retrieved 2017-06-22.