This article may have too many red links. (August 2020)
Parsa District (Nepali: पर्सा जिल्लाListen (help·info), a part of Madhesh Province in Terai plain, is one of the seventy-seven districts of Nepal. The district, with Birganj as its district headquarters, has an area of 1,353 km2 (522 sq mi). According to the locals, Parsa is named after Parsagadhi temple in the district.
|• Total||1,353 km2 (522 sq mi)|
|• Density||480/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|• Female ♀||48%|
|• Male ♂/100 female||108.21|
|Human Development Index|
|• Income per capita (US dollars)||$1657|
|• Poverty rate||36.37|
|• Life Expectancy||70.25|
|Time zone||UTC+05:45 (NPT)|
|Main Language(s)||Bhojpuri (78.1%), Nepali (6.4%), Maithili (5.1%), Tharu (3.8%), Urdu (2.2%), others (4.4%)|
Geography and ClimateEdit
|Climate Zone||Elevation Range||% of Area|
|Lower Tropical||below 300 meters (1,000 ft)||74.7%|
|Upper Tropical||300 to 1,000 meters
1,000 to 3,300 ft.
At the time of the 2011 Nepal census, Parsa District had a population of 601,017. Of these, 78.1% spoke Bhojpuri, 6.4% Nepali, 5.1% Maithili, 3.8% Tharu, 2.2% Urdu, 1.3% Tamang, 0.8% Rajasthani and 0.7% Newari as their first language.
30.4% of the population in the district spoke Nepali, 5.4% Bhojpuri and 4.9% Hindi as their second language.
VDC/s and Municipalities (blue) in Parsa District The district consists of one metropolitan city, three urban municipalities and ten rural municipalities. These are as follows:
- Bindabasini Rural Municipality
- Chhipaharmai Rural Municipality
- Jagarnathpur Rural Municipality
- Jirabhawani Rural Municipality
- Kalikamai Rural Municipality
- Pakaha Mainpur Rural Municipality
- Paterwa Sugauli Rural Municipality
- Sakhuwa Prasauni Rural Municipality
- Thori Rural Municipality
Former Village Development Committees (VDCs) and municipalitiesEdit
- Bahauri Pidari
- Bahuarwa bhatha
- Belwa Parsauni
- Beriya Birta
- Biranchi Barwa
- Birganj Municipality
- Biruwa Guthi
- Ghoddauda Pipra
- Hariharpur Birta
- Jagarnathpur Sira
- Jhauwa Guthi
- Kauwa Ban Kataiya
- Lal Parsa
- Lipani Birta
- Madhuban Mathaul
- Nirmal Basti
- Parsauni Birta
- Parsauni Matha
- Patbari Tola-Warwa
- Paterwa Sugauli
- Pokhariya Municipality
- Prasurampur[katti baluwa]
- Sakhuwa Prasauni
- Sankar Saraiya
- Shiva Worga
- Sirsiya Khalwatola
- Sugauli Birta
- Sugauli Partewa
- Tulsi Barba
- Udaypur Dhursi
- ↑ "NepalMap profile: Parsa".
- ↑ "Nepal Human Development report 2014".
- ↑ The Map of Potential Vegetation of Nepal - a forestry/agroecological/biodiversity classification system (PDF), Forest & Landscape Development and Environment Series 2-2005 and CFC-TIS Document Series No.110., 2005, ISBN 978-87-7903-210-1, archived from the original (PDF) on December 3, 2013, retrieved Nov 22, 2013
- ↑ "2011 Nepal Census, Social Characteristics Tables" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2023-03-14. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
- "Districts of Nepal". Statoids.
Coordinates: 27°0′N 84°52′E / 27.000°N 84.867°E