Pinar del Río Province
This article does not have any sources. (November 2020)
|Capital:||Pinar del Río|
|Population Density:||66.63 per km²|
The Pinar del Río province has one of Cuba's three main mountain ranges, the Cordillera de Guaniguanico. The mountains are divided into the easterly Sierra del Rosario and the westerly Sierra de los Organos. These form a landscape characterised by steep sided limestone hills and flat, fertile valleys.
The province relies on tobacco farming, with Pinar del Río producing 70% of Cuba's crop, used to make the cigars that are so prized overseas. The best tobacco, used for more expensive cigar brands, is grown in the flat lands of San Juan y Martínez. Tourism in the Viñales Valley is another important part of the economy.
Famous people from Pinar del Río Edit
Other websites Edit
- Official site Archived 2012-05-21 at the Wayback Machine
- Visit Hotel Pinar del Río (in English)
- Villa Maria La Gorda Archived 2015-04-08 at the Wayback Machine (in English)
- Villa Cabo San Antonio Archived 2015-05-02 at the Wayback Machine (in English)
- Hotel Moka, Las Terrazas, Pinar del Río Archived 2008-11-21 at the Wayback Machine (in English)