Platte County, Wyoming
county in Wyoming, United States
Platte County Courthouse in Wheatland
Location within the U.S. state of Wyoming
Wyoming's location within the U.S.
|Founded||February 21, 1911 (authorized)|
|Named for||North Platte River|
|• Total||2,111 sq mi (5,470 km2)|
|• Land||2,084 sq mi (5,400 km2)|
|• Water||27 sq mi (70 km2) 1.3%%|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||4.1/sq mi (1.6/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−7 (Mountain)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−6 (MDT)|
According to the US Census Bureau, the county has a total area of 2,111 square miles (5,470 km2), of which 2,084 square miles (5,400 km2) is land and 27 square miles (70 km2) (1.3%) is water. It is the third-smallest county in Wyoming by area.
- "State & County QuickFacts". US Census Bureau. Archived from the original on June 6, 2011. Retrieved January 25, 2014.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved June 7, 2011.
- Long, John H., ed. (2004). "Wyoming: Individual County Chronologies". Wyoming Atlas of Historical County Boundaries. The Newberry Library. Retrieved August 19, 2015.
- Urbanek, Mae (1988). Wyoming Place Names. Missoula MT: Mountain Press Pub. Co. ISBN 0-87842-204-8.
- "2010 Census Gazetteer Files". US Census Bureau. August 22, 2012. Retrieved August 18, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Platte County, Wyoming.|